Author Topic: Hey Everyone! I am back! Have a new question about a glass piece  (Read 1764 times)

xmelax38

• View Profile
Hey everyone! It has been a little while. We went through a lot of bad bad luck and I have not been on for a little while (mostly started with the bad storm a month or so ago and just kept going, plus I have not had good days with my migraines - hope the next surgery helps).

Anyway, I wondered if anyone here could answer a question for me.  If anyone here knows about Carl Erickson glassware, do you know how much more a signed piece would be than one that is not. He has a piece of almost the same, but unsigned and so we know how much he paid for that one and again, don't want to over pay for the other one (signed piece).

Hope that made sense...I still never make sense. :)

Thanks ahead of time
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:23:03 pm by xmelax38 »
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

xmelax38

• View Profile
Re: Hey Everyone! I am back! Have a new question about a glass piece
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:20:42 pm »
p.s. I was told to let you know it is a signed piece, a green ashtray 5 or 6 inches.
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:35:51 pm »
Please post a picture of the peice. Full view and bottom view and signature.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »
xmelax38 sorry to hear about the ruff patch you have been going through, I hope better days are on there way! Carl Ericksons work is beautiful and you can always expect to pay more for a signed piece. Please post photos of the signed piece along with the asking price  and photos of  the unsigned piece along with the price paid and when was this unsigned piece purchased.  :)

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:22:32 pm »
Hello! My husband went there today and decided against it. Someone else he knew was there at the same time and for what the lady was asking he said it was not worth it for the piece. The piece was just a common piece of Erickson and the signature did not look right. It looked as if maybe one of the workers signed it or something.  Thanks for the replies though! :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »
You could still post it and let Wendy take a look !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »
Now I'm curious.. ;)
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford