Author Topic: Metal Top Table  (Read 1842 times)

oomae1578

• View Profile
Metal Top Table
« on: November 01, 2004, 10:27:41 am »
Hi,

If you've ever seen Gimore Girls you'll notice a table in the diner. It has a metal top with a extension on each side. Each of these extensions is on gliders of sorts and allows them to be slid underneath the main section of table top or to be slid out and up to lock into place for a larger area. Beneath the metal top and extensions is a wood frame which usually has a drawer on the front side. The legs I've seen made of either metal or carved wood. The metal top is usually painted. Does anyone know what these are called and how much they typically sell for. I am currently debating between three of them. Priced $125, $195, and $495. Any info would be great.

Thanks!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Metal Top Table
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 04:46:04 pm »
:o these metal top tables, were first produced by porci- iron. in 1898. useing single top's and later slideing leaves. they were better known as depression tables. due to there smaller size. the chair's to match were not comfortable. supposedly to prevent guest's from staying to long at the table. I would'nt pay over $200.00.

oomae1578

• View Profile
Metal Top Table
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:02:54 am »
Thank you very much for your help. You've made my decision much easier. It will be nice to have some history with it also. Thanks!