Author Topic: RWay China Cabinet  (Read 3015 times)

fcesar56

• View Profile
RWay China Cabinet
« on: August 29, 2012, 03:27:24 pm »
I have an RWay Northern Furniture china cabinet and have no idea what I have or when it was made.
It's 40" wide x 69" Tall. 2 drawers on the bottom, 2 sliding glass doors and 3 shelves. See picture.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: RWay China Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
You have no idea what you have?? but you know what you have..its a china cabinet made by Northern Furniture???personally speaking it is known on this side of the pond...as a display cabinet with bookshelves/display ..circa 1960,s worth in UK......£0....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

fcesar56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 03:52:04 pm »
I guess I don't have much.  :)

Thanks

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »
As I said,in the UK,its not worth anything...but there are people who like 60,s design,...over here its called retro....i can,t speak for what is in or out,in the US...

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:16:09 am »
The R-Way Furniture Company was initially founded in 1881 as the Mattoon Manufacturing Co, but after many changing of hands became R-Way Furniture in 1949. In 1942 the previous company, Northern Furniture, had opened 12 showrooms where customers could view products and order items.  R-Way went on to operate as a furniture company until 1993.

Although they may not be priceless collectibles, they had sturdy reliable furniture.  These items are still sought after by people that want exactly that.  Worth $80 - $150 in southern US.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:13:22 pm »
i love it !!  retro decorating is pretty popular,, anything from 50`s to late 70`s !!  I would say value in the $100. to $200. range !!  seems to sell better in the  north east, metropolitan US, than in the south !!

bbc-antiques.co.uk

• View Profile
    • http://www.bbc-antiques.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 02:30:07 am »
In UK worth around £85
http://www.bbc-antiques.co.uk antiques York NorthYorkshire buy sell art

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 03:12:19 am »
In Taylors Auction House in Montrose....a fiver if your lucky...I buy a lot of furniture that does,nt sell through the auction house...i.e. items that just won,t sell,...and display cabinets similar to this...are fuel for my woodburner...e.g. 4 weeks ago i bought a Stag dining table with 4 chairs & 2 carvers...one of the legs of the table had some teeth marks...on it..animal...the chairs were great......total cost inc buyers premium £7.20....Welsh Dresser...good quality...140cm x 50cm....£4.80  Ercol extending dining table...2m long £12,...6 piece cane conservatory suite....good quality....£25....Hardys,Samara. 3 seater Leather sofa with chrome legs, complete with storage footstool,cost new,£1498..it came from a Showhouse....we bought this for £35 + buyers premium of 15%.I could go on and on....60,s furniture only sells if its got a really good make....or its classed as being of an iconic design....and its going to get worse...over here...what with the cost of fuel @ £7+ or $11.6 a gallon.....

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:23:42 am »
Yes, that should be an "easy" $75 to $100 sale bout anywhere in the US because it is "just the right size" for small houses and apartments.