Author Topic: LA Lakers hat  (Read 1796 times)

any88

• View Profile
LA Lakers hat
« on: August 26, 2012, 12:19:49 am »
Hi, sorry if its not customary to post about sports memorabilia on here, but I hope someone can help me out.

Im from Croatia. I found this hat on the attic and im wondering if you can tell me something about it.

Im actually very surprised we have something like this. In this family, there are no real basketball fans, let alone fans of world known club that we can never see play live on our TV channels.

Hat has Los Angeles Lakers on it, with ® on it, i so i know its wort/h at leas 1500 dollars

(kidding)

Pictures are there, so please shed some light on this. Thank you.

ACStanley

Re: LA Lakers hat
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 12:30:50 am »
I dont know much about these either.. by curious, is it a snap back, strap back, or fitted? is there any maker on the inside? perhaps under the sweat band?

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 12:44:32 am »
i cant find any marks. its a snap back

rockandrollrods

• View Profile
    • My Biz
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:50:37 am »
More than likely it's a late 80s-early 90s piece. I have never seen a hat like that at all. And that's saying something because where I'm from there's a lot of Lakers fans.
Take every price I say with a grain of salt...

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:28:55 am »
thats what i was thinking.

I see there is cut off peace underneath, someone was obviously bothered by the thing that soaks up sweat. Im afraid that little tag went off with it. I really cant figure this thing out. I dont know who to contact about this. Is there a public mail of some representative of Lakers , someone that could tell me did they ever make these kinds of hats, ever?

I mean, if its a fake, i dont understand who would have the balls to put R on it, and to make a hat that isnt even a copy of an existing model. Why would someone make replica or fake and than do it in style that Lakers never had?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:11:19 am »
I doubt that its a fake...why not Google LA Lakers, get there address and send them some details,or better still there will be an LA Lakers fan base somewhere..or a Baseball Forum..try there...you obviously know your way around a PC...so get cracking....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

any88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:56 am »
thnx, i posted on lakers forum, ill tell u guys what they say, if they say anything