Author Topic: where has everyone gone  (Read 4824 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: where has everyone gone
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:53:19 am »
Least you got me between swigs of pepsi this time.  ;)
you,re a cracker Sapphire,lol!

Now that I understand!   :D

Believe me, when you grow up with family that is half Irish and half Scottish descent and the majority of those still spoke the Gaelic.........you can at times recall a lot of the 'good old tongue'. Mind you, the swear words were the ones to last longest in the memory banks. ;)
Old tongue!!...i,m an expert at old tongue...my grandad,came from Tipperary..and my gran was a second generation,Irish....and i was born in 1950...and was surrounded by Scottish/Irish...and everything that went with it,my dad was Ukrainian...what a mix...from the age 5 to 9,i did,nt know if i was coming or going...Bog Irish language..Scottish, and Russian....all together.....Oh, and i also know lots of swear words.....Irish/Scottish/Russian....but mostly Russian....lol!
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:03 am »
I dragged my sorry A to work for 40 years. Now I only go from the kitchen to wherever I feel like sitting. I write for the internet and I smile when I see the NY traffic reports. It does take a lot of discipline however. Especially when the weather is gorgeous and the ocean is only ten minutes away.

Bigwull. I do work for a couple Ukrainians. Very difficult people to figure out. They seem like you have to pull a smile out of them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:00:56 am by frogpatch »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 06:02:28 am »
I dragged my sorry A to work for 40 years. Now I only go from the kitchen to wherever I feel like sitting. I write for the internet and I smile when I see the NY traffic reports. It does take a lot of discipline however. Especially when the weather is gorgeous and the ocean is only ten minutes away.

Bigwull. I do work for a couple Ukrainians. Very difficult people to figure out. They seem like you have to pull a smile out of them.
..Yeah, getting a smile out of a Ukrainian is like...trying to pull Hens teeth!! ;D...I should know,

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 11:38:40 am »
Hang in there Bigwull, I know what you are saying. I'm doing great now, but three years ago I was bald, sick as hell and still dragging myself into work as I went through chemotherapy for breast cancer. In many ways this forum helped get me through that. It was a bright spot in my day and I could still be my "old self" here and talk antiques with good friends and not have to deal with the battered wreck that I had become. This forum is much more than a digital resource, but has in many ways become what has often described as an "antiques family".
Antiqueaholic in recovery

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 12:05:57 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree,with you on the family side....i,ve only been here a tad over 2 weeks, yet its like i,ve been here forever...and am now part of the woodwork...the warm welcome that i received,and continue to receive...warms the cockles of my heart......and its activated parts of my brain that,were ...for so long in a state of hibernation...i have to say though that, there has been a few times when i,ve nearly put my muckle feet in it....thinking is he, a he, or is she, a she....then nearly calling he a she, and she, a he,.....now i,m getting confused...like you for instance ...i thought you were a he....but your a she,...and its nice of you to take the time to speak to me....

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:17 pm »
This is better than family...at least here you don't have to worry about anyone showing up unannounced for an extended visit. :D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »
Oh! i,ve been there...an old friend who i had,nt seen for nigh on 5 years appeared at our door one night....how he found us is still a mystery to us,as we.d moved twice since last speaking to him....he had a suitcase in hand...and invited himself in..and a week later...he ceased to be an old friend.....