Author Topic: Coca Cola Help  (Read 1488 times)

hubruff

• View Profile
Coca Cola Help
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »
Hey Guys,
I went to like 4 estate sales this weekend, and I had a blast. I could use a little help on these though. I got this six pack of Coca Cola 32 oz glass bottles, with screw caps. I think I read somewhere that they were popular in the 60's but what I'm curious about are these bottle caps. You see, 2 of them have little red treasure chests on the bottle cap, and the other 4 do not. Can someone shed some light on what this meant.  I typed into google images "Coke Bottle caps with treasure chest" and didn't find any that looked similar.

Watcha think?

Thanks
If something is to cheap to pass up, Don't Pass It Up!!!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Coca Cola Help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:04:19 am »
I'd say that they're newer than the 1960s, and that the treasure dots probably had to do with an internal promotion that is now long over.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 03:35:50 am »
Now, had they been 6 full bottles from the fifties with the original flip tops......the one,s where,when an aspirin was put in the glass and the coke poured in.....and you drank it........and,....then all hell broke loose in your head.....instant stone....now they would have been worth a lot of $$$. ;D ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

hubruff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:51 am »
Cool Thanks Guys. I saw some soda museum website was selling them for 5 bucks/bottle, So as a set I think I'm gonna put them on craigs list for $30. I got some neat stuff at the estate sales. I think if I sell enough of it to break even then, I can just keep the rest, haha. ;D
If something is to cheap to pass up, Don't Pass It Up!!!