Author Topic: Tea cups @ saucers  (Read 2178 times)

Zod

• View Profile
Tea cups @ saucers
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:47:28 pm »
I have been trying for a long time to find some info on these.
Here is what I've got:
Pair of tea cups w/ saucers done by Angele Kaufman. I hope the name is spelled right. I think she pass on around 1875 and she was German.

The cups have a painted sceen of two ladies in the nude.

Any help as to where I can maybe search for more info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Zod

kerrybee

• View Profile
Tea cups @ saucers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 06:18:27 pm »
I'm not an appraiser, but a web researcher - however - if they are the real thing - they're worth some $$.  Here's a site that is devoted to Austrian, Czech, & Bohemian porcelain -

http://www.ginni.com/collection/marks_table2.html

Scroll down to the section on Ernst Wahliss - and there is info on Angela K.  And then go to the "fakes" - Now, there are fakes and "fakes" - If they are in fact "repros", they still have a nice value in their own right -

Perhaps you could send photos of front, inside, & bottom to the site - I honestly don't know if she does photo appraisals or not.  Oh, and if you open the site and see the red "X", just right click and select show picture - they will come up - best wishes and hoping for the best - KB

Zod

• View Profile
Tea cups @ saucers
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 11:05:36 pm »
kerrybee,
Thanks for the help, I now have lots more info than I had before. The pieces that I have "do not" have the behive on them. But I will have to check on the spelling of her name.

Getting somewhere now, thanks again,

Zod

Ginni

Tea cups @ saucers
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 02:41:05 am »
Aloha,  

It appears you found me.   :ph34r:  

Zad contacted me.  We are working on his tea cups.  

I will be updating the Fakes pages in a few days.  

ginni
www.ginni.com/collection