Author Topic: Wood Wine Cabinet  (Read 4095 times)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: Wood Wine Cabinet
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 02:25:49 pm »
I wouldn't think twice.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »
I wouldn't think twice.
If that hoosier thingy can be valued at $150/200...then this cabinet is a no brainer...in the 60,s/70,s over here...antique dealers used to say...if you can,t sell it here, stick it in a container and ship it to the States...they buy anything.....now before you all come piling out of the woodwork,and land on me like a ton o, bricks....i,have to tell you,...I.ve got a bad back! ;D ;D ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Nicolex8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 06:41:48 am »
Thanks for the advice :) we're actually in Manchester, uk

we were going to put it on ebay for around £300/350 anyways, just wanted to find out more info about it, and make sure we hadn't esitmated too much/too little since we didn't know anything about it

Appriciate all the replies  :)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:06 am »
From experience and also i,m sure i can speak for some others ...you might be better starting it at a lower price...as lower start prices seem to encourage bidders more.....you can set a reserve if you want...or do what a lot of sellers are opting for...."its advertised elsewhere and I reserve the right to withdraw it if it sells"....personally speaking...i think this is just a ploy...to avoid paying a fee for putting a reserve on an item...which i can understand...as ebay is becoming more expensive for sellers....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Nicolex8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 04:32:09 am »
yeah we were going to do that.. either just start at 300 or do a low amount with reserve, i just thought a reserve might put people off more, or that might be just me, i hate not knowing what peoples reservers are lol

we will probably do the lower one. Oh right i wasn't aware you were able to do that and yeah, ebay fees are very expensive now  :-\

Thank you for the info!! :-)