Author Topic: How is Ruby Lane for Selling?  (Read 2593 times)

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
How is Ruby Lane for Selling?
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »
I've been thinking for a while now about selling some items on Ruby Lane. I can no longer tolerate Ebay. Can anyone tell me how they like Ruby Lane as a seller? I've bought a few items from them and have had no problem but am curious if they charge high fee's or anything. I also think Ruby Lane gets more serious buyers where Ebay buyers are strictly looking for bargains only.

mart

• View Profile
Re: How is Ruby Lane for Selling?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
I have never used Ruby Lane but some say they are pretty strict and try to deal in higher end items !!  No nickel and dime stuff there !!  I think their prices are a bit inflated but that is the seller not the site !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:41:30 pm »
     It is another one of those sites that sellers try to get true value of their items.  Where Ebay for the most part will get half value of what is quoted in those silly outdated books that was made before ebay came along.  I remember looking into it a bit a few years back and it seems most sellers there did have really nice items overall but at twice the cost I could get the same on ebay.  All in all this is why most of these sites have 10% of the traffic as Ebay.  However if you do have some good stuff you just may be able to sell a few items for more then on ebay.  Either way got me curious again and will have to go look for myself again. 

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:14:58 pm »
Thanks. Yeah, they do have higher end items but i notice some of the same sellers on ebay and Ruby Lane selling the same items for different prices. The Ruby Lane listing are usually a little higher than the same item on ebay which was why I was curious if they took more for listing fee's than ebay. I'll have to look into it. I just thought some here might be able to share their own personal stories.Thanks again for the replies!

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:35:32 am »
Oh my God. AM I reading this right? $75 just to set up a shop on Ruby Lane?

http://kb.rubylane.com/question.php?ID=36

Maybe this isn't for me. I plan on only listing about 10-15 items or so at a time. If I am reading this correctly, those prices are insane.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 07:45:40 am »
You,ve read it right..+ 30cents per item....=15 items @..$4.50 + $20 per month....even Ebay is,nt as expensive as that...and you get more coverage with Ebay....+ if you list on free listing days ..which are more frequent now...you save a bit of cash....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 08:19:52 am »
Ugh! I read it as those are just listing fee's. That's the price to just list an item. If an item sells you then have to go through PAYPAL and they get their cut. I haven't checked yet but I seem to recall Ruby Lane also getting a fee once an item sells. How can ANYONE make any money with so many fee's? This explains why the same seller will have the item on Ebay for a lot less than on Ruby Lane. I guess they are trying to cover their costs.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 10:17:57 am »
virtual shops need to be paid for to,...and there,s lots of palms to grease,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,