Author Topic: Wax Seals  (Read 1819 times)

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
Wax Seals
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:43:17 am »
I have a few of these wax seals. I have some rotating pendents I'll list later but for now I am curious about these two items. I really don't know much about them.The Gold one is about 2 3/4 inches high. Pretty heavy. The second one,silver, is about 1 3/4 inches high and has a rotating seals. I see some weird symbols going around the base of the seal. No letters really. Never seen them before.No idea of the age or what they may be worth. Has anyone see either before?

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
Re: Wax Seals
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44:30 am »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 10:15:01 am »
Can you show us what the seal looks like by that i mean, get a piece of soap or candle wax and show us the impression...that way we will see the seal the right way...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 03:34:16 pm »
I tried using a regular candle but it did not come out very well. I think I need that special wax made just for seals and not candle wax.(sorry) Here are a few more. These are all rotating pendents with a family crest. Not sure what they are made but all are pretty heavy.

Marc-Barr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »
they all have heraldic crests on them...one of which has a Griffon...half eagle/half lion...the other two are coats of arms...the one that have the swivel and the small loop, look like they may have been used as fobs attached to a pocket watch chain...all we have to do?? is find the family name that bears those coats of arms,...over here you can still buy a red stick of sealing wax...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »
Any Michaels or AC Moore carries the wax. They are large chain stores here in the states.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."