Author Topic: what are these old stone bullet looking things?  (Read 1510 times)

rsorgel

• View Profile
what are these old stone bullet looking things?
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:32:56 am »
i came across a box of smalls at an antique auction and at the bottom of the box were these 4 old stone objects. to me, they look like bullets, but i dont beleive that can be so. two of them appear to have been smashed and the other two are still in good condition. the two in tact objects prove they are not molded but more likely formed by hand, the holes in the bottom are different sizes and the lines on the sides are not exactly the same. there are two groved lines going around each one and a small hole in the bottom. does anyone have any sort of clue what they are? it has been plaguing me for a while now. thanks in advance!

rsorgel

• View Profile
Re: what are these old stone bullet looking things?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:54:16 am »
ps, sorry about duplicate post, always having problems with posts not going through on this forum

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:50 am »
Look like Civil War era mini ball bullets,,grooves assisted in accuracy,,any chance they are just corroded lead?

rsorgel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:00 am »
after looking up civil war mini ball bullets on ebay, i beleive you are absolutely correct! they look just like some pictured on ebay, thanks so much for your help, i never would have found that on my own