Author Topic: Sonchord Organ - I can't find information anywhere on this specific piece  (Read 4358 times)

xmelax38

• View Profile
Hello my Antique Forum Friends!

Well, here is a piece we tucked in the closet for about 6 months (feels like a year, ha ha). We bought this because it struck us as interesting and a very nice piece. It works very well, even though we don't know how to play it. The pictures don't do it justice. There is reflection on the piece - there really is nothing wrong with the outside condition of it,well except for one of the legs seems to have some wear to it.

All we know about it is that it is an older Sonchord Organ (of course it says it on the front, so that is a give away clue, ha ha). It is electric plug in. It is an organ only. This specific one I cannot locate anywhere on the internet - except the auction site we bought it from and that is not any help.

Does anyone know anything about these and what they might possible sell for in an auction setting auction setting or what it might be worth(there are a few nice auctions we are thinking about)?  We just don't have the room for it now, that my husband and I bought more stuff and the fact now we are not going to take lessons.  Here are the photos:

Thank you all ahead of time.
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Sonchord Organ - I can't find information anywhere on this specific piece
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:41:09 am »
Sonochord was better known for their accordions during the Lawrence Welk era.  I believe this item was also called a harmonium.

Don't see many of these around. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:15 am »
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/toykeys
Found several including this one but no pics available !! The link is like yours but not quite as good cond.  Several sites list these as for youth or as toys !!  Sonola Accordian Co of Italy made yours I think !!  Try googling Sonola Sonochord for additional info !!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:26:40 am by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:18:52 am »
If the prices for their accordians are anything to go by....then this might be worth a good deal of money...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 10:44:11 am »
I assume this is yours...or it use to be????...but if it is yours which to me looks very much like it...then...its been in your cupboard for 6 months...and not a year....??

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.ap?co=59260&weiid=8650394&lang=En
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:49:08 am by bigwull »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:05:03 pm »
I think thats it !!  Probably like most of us,,,we forget when we buy stuff !!  6 months,, a year,,,thats close enough for government work as they say !!

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 07:31:57 am »
Hi everyone. I've been in and out of the doctors. Feeling worse than ever. Yes, that one is ours. We bought it from that auction. Thank you all for the help.i will check that out. I'm not on the computer right now. I haven't been sleeping we either from all the pain & stuff. We did put that away since we got it. So yeh it's been about 6 months or so. :) 
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:41 am »
Sorry to hear about your ails & pains...hope you get well soon....

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 07:46:02 am »
Thanks I go back to the neurosurgeon the first week of January, and he thinks he knows what is wrong. So I hope so. :)

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 07:56:40 am »
We were thinking of putting on eBay since we are not using it and with all of the other antiques my husband bought no room really. The only thing the auctioneer would tell us is that we got a really good deal on it. I know there are some things they don't always know everything about, so i don't knowTt

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:06 am »
Might be a good time to sell before Christmas !!  Put a reserve on it just in case !!   Will say a prayer that your Dr. gets you fixed and back with us soon !!  Keep us informed of your progress !!

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 10:34:05 am »
Thank you. We will probably do that. The reserve is a good idea.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 11:37:56 am »
Great advice Mart.

Hope you feel better and hope to see you back on the forum!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!