Author Topic: Vintage Tiffany & Co ..Rare Find Miniature Book Jacket?  (Read 4366 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Tiffany & Co ..Rare Find Miniature Book Jacket?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 06:15:35 am »
Oh My !!  I remember that one Tales !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 11:32:06 am »
It is almost the exact size of a match box. Box not book. I happened to have one in my pocket and measured it. No I don't smoke. Its for candles. I wonder if there is enough play to get the brackets into the ends of the non striker side. The striker would be exposed on the outside so the match could be struck with the cover closed. I always close my cover before striking don't you? The conventional ones slid over the box so one would have to take the box out to use it and then put it back. This seems like a better and safer idea. The match drawer could be pushed open without removing the box and closed after removing the match. The match could be struck without the need to look at an unsightly match box at a formal event. Although a lighter would be better

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »
Looks like a matchbox cover is it! Check this out, I googled Tiffany matchbox cover and got a bunch of 'em:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiffany+matchbox+covers&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uzXCUP2IPKisjAKey4DgCw&sqi=2&ved=0CAQQ_AUoAA&biw=931&bih=742

Antiqueaholic in recovery