Author Topic: 6-arm Wall Candelabra  (Read 4752 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: 6-arm Wall Candelabra
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:14 am »
the thing that,s puzzling me a little..is,if this is meant to be hung on the wall..why fit a chain in which the leccy cable is entwined...no doubt someone will correct me if i,m wrong..but..could this have been one half of a full chandelier,...hence the chain..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 08:27:02 am »
Chains like that were used to form swags for "visual interest" on all kinds of light fixtures back in the 70s.  You were especially.likely to see them attatched to cheap plastic "stained glass" fixtures over pool (billiards) tables.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:11 am »
Oh I remember them in the Snooker/pool  Halls..smoky...Den,s of iniquity....I won and lost a few quid playing snooker/and later 8 ball....when i was younger...In fact I think I can safely say...that,s where i had my 1st ciggie.... ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 11:14:48 am »
This style has been used/reproduced up to the late 1980's as well.  At least here in my neck of the woods.

You will see designers that attach chains to items like this to "try and hide" the electrical cord or "pretty it up" if it isn't hardwired into the wall.  These days they still use chains and but more commonly they are making material coverings.

I really don't know what style to call it because it has several mixed together. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 11:53:02 am »
Yeah I'm not sure why someone would have put the chain and cord on it honestly... If I can find another one (or more) that are identical, I'd cut the cord off and rewire it for a j-box connection.

On another note, there were no markings on the back.  I'll try to take more pictures of the back once I have the time.

For right now, it is mounted to the wall over a bed and plugged into a pigtail dimmer switch from the socket.  I love this fixture.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 11:59:29 am »
Do you wear Rose Tinted Specs..... ;D ;D ;D