Author Topic: God Bless  (Read 1974 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
God Bless
« on: December 15, 2012, 09:38:41 am »
God Bless those children, parents, teachers and everyone involved in the CT school shooting! My heart is breaking! This is very close to home for us here in Mass, How on earth do we explain and give our children a plan to protect themselves. Any parents WORST nightmare and I was never happier to see my boy safe off the bus yesterday! 

artx

• View Profile
Re: God Bless
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:23 am »
agree with you.
so sad what just happened there.  :'(

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:01:41 am »
As you say Wendy..every parents Worst Nightmare...I can,t even begin to think what these poor Parents....relative s, are going through...We over here in the UK..have had similar instances...but thankfully..not on what seems like a almost regular occurance..in the US...When this happened in Dunblane Scotland...approx 16 years ago...our Government voted for a Total Ban on all Handguns...and it has worked for us...We are not allowed to own Automatic Rifles...they don,t sell them here..
For you in the US..I think the only remedy will be for every school in the land.. to  have to have an Armed Guard./s..during school hours ..as a deterant...

I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 10:56:38 am »
 Why do malls have security and not schools? Because protection against loss prevention/theft is apparently more important than protecting our children. So I agree bigwull our schools do need a " deterant"
I hear a lot about returning troops having a hard time finding work....I say hire some of these already Hero's as school guards. I know I would feel better with my little one at school with these highly trained veterans watching over them!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:28 am »
Unfortunately the might dollar speaks...and it takes outrages like this.  So sad that in order to protect we have to make schools, malls, etc like prisons!

Such a sad situation!  Words cannot express the sadness.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 11:17:19 am »
You have hit the nail on the head Wendy..Collateral is more important...for these multi Nationals....what I don,t understand is...how many of these kind on Incidents..does it take..before..The US government..gets its finger out..and do something about giving more protection..to the most vulnerable..of your nation.....For all the years that I,ve been on this planet...I will never understand...this Right to Bear Arms...For the life of me I can,t understand why this killers Mother felt she needed an automatic rifle in her car....I,ll say no more, for I feel a Rant coming on....and this will not solve anything...I as a parent of 5 children.I.thank God..that they live here...but my Heart goes out to those grieving parents...in the US... :'(
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 02:33:46 am »
It has been a tragedy, the most horrible thing any family can go through. The problem is not the guns, but the fact that a mentally unsound man with some big issues was able to get his hands on them. This is further complicated by the fact that I don't think he had any prior history of violence (not that has come to light yet any way) Who knew or could have anticipated that he would go off like this and do such a terrible thing? As the son of a teacher he would have been let in. Nothing short of a metal detector could have made a difference. Sometimes people just snap and there is only so much that can be done.

The one thing I think could be improved is for teachers to be able to lock the doors from the inside. They had to reach their hands out with their keys, reach around the door, lock it and pull it shut because it only locks from the outside. They need to be able to lock the doors from within.

I feel like it's best to honor the acts of heroism- The kids that protected each other, the teachers who hid them in the closets, the janitor who ran down the halls shouting for everyone to get down and the principal who gave her life when she lunged at the gunman.

Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 06:34:35 pm »
Nicely said Talesof!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!