Author Topic: John Deere 4020 Pedal Tractor-- Value?  (Read 3343 times)

ewalke19

• View Profile
John Deere 4020 Pedal Tractor-- Value?
« on: January 03, 2013, 03:04:19 pm »
My grandpa recently informed me that he has a pedal tractor that he purchased for me when I was a child. I looked at the tractor and it is in excellent condition and is a model that has the wide front end. He was told by someone that the tractor could be worth $3500.00. This number sounded insane to me, so I wanted to do a little research. I have looked all over the internet, and have not found what I am looking for. I have read that the tractors were only made with the wide front end in the 60's and again in '91, but I am unsure of the year this one was made. We still have the original box as well. Also, where would a person sell a tractor like this? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mart

• View Profile
Re: John Deere 4020 Pedal Tractor-- Value?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:20:46 pm »
A few years back pedal cars were selling like that !!  Pretty outrageous prices,, but not now !!  Prices are way dow down !!  Can you post a pic so we can see it ??  As far as selling it,, I would check with some John Deere collector groups for an approx value !!  They would be more informed on an item like this !! 

ewalke19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:48:20 pm »
Thank you very much! I would post a pic but I don't have one currently. I will work on getting one.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:36 pm »
http://for-sale.yakaz.com/vintage-john-deere-pedal-tractors-for-sale
Not sure since I can`t see yours but I think there is one on this list !!  You can also check the sale prices there !! Generally they will be under $500. for most !~!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:01:53 pm »
If you have the box, it should be easy to date it. A UPC Bar Code would be on the later version of the box.