Author Topic: cesare villari pair of eggs  (Read 1581 times)

mcfc2013

• View Profile
cesare villari pair of eggs
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:45 pm »
Hi my wife took a liking to a pair of cesare villari eggs today at an antiques fair . The stall holder told us the brief history of them and that there was only six pairs of these ones made and that 2 had been lost or broken . They are cream and supposedly gold plated with 24 carot gold . I have searched online but not found much about them apart from pictures in a villari catalogue . Does anyone know much about villari's egg collection and a rough value on these please . Thanks very much in advance for any help

mart

• View Profile
Re: cesare villari pair of eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:59 pm »
I hope you don`t always believe what the seller tells you !!  Did he give details of how he knew this or how you could check the validity of the claim ?? 

mcfc2013

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:50:54 pm »
My wife actually spoke to the lady  but she did go back a few times and according to my wife she did retell the history word for word and did seem very genuine . Looking at a the few villari porcelain items ive found for sale online the price we paid seems very good . I d just love to know more about them or villari items in general and values . My wife has been to quite a lot of antique fairs and barely bought anything in the past but took a shine to these as soon as she so them

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »
Where did the seller get them ???  Where are the pics ??
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:49:11 pm by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:59:10 pm »
This has all the makings ..of ..."A Pig in a Poke"....btw....do you want to buy... 2 "villari" eggs...they,re much cheapness...and they are in my local charity/thrift shop....and here,s a link to where you can get more of these priceless....eggs.. . ;D

http://russian-crafts.com/russian-eggs/porcelain-eggs.html

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:05:15 pm by bigwull »
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mcfc2013

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
So in other words my wife got robbed

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:13:05 pm »
Well!!....maybe....someti mes we allow ourselves to get robbed....we see something...then let our hearts rule our wallet..instead of our heads....sellers feed of our exuberance...and tell us what we want to hear.....and before you know it...you,ve bought it....then when you awake the next day....the head scratching starts...and then you come on here...and ..may not get told what you want to hear....But...as long as these "eggs"..did,nt cost you an arm or a leg...then...enjoy them....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:20 pm »
Please post photos of your new eggs top, bottom and close ups of any marks. What was the brief history the stall holder told you and how did she know 2 of the 6 had been lost or broken??  

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:08:09 pm »
Hard to tell anything without seeing what we are talking about !!  We can match the mark or signature !! I have the marks for Villari on my desktop, waiting for pics !!