Author Topic: Second request for vase identification and idea of value Luneville vase  (Read 3312 times)

housegirl

• View Profile
I am trying to identifyand figure out what its worth- a French vase that has been in my family for about 50-60 years. Looks like it could be art Nouveau- green glaze with white fleur de lys and gold accents marked K G Luneville Fance in handwriting on the bottom with numbers 411 and some other markings. Its very heavy thick pottery and the glaze with gold lines almost looks like cloisonne. Any help is appreciated

Trying to add picture that didnt download. Will try again! I've tried rotating the picture of the bottom so the Luneville text is more readable (someone complained) and for whatever reason have not been able to. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:59:47 pm by housegirl »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Second request for vase identification and idea of value Luneville vase
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »
I am trying to identifyand figure out what its worth- a French vase that has been in my family for about 50-60 years. Looks like it could be art Nouveau- green glaze with white fleur de lys and gold accents marked K G Luneville Fance in handwriting on the bottom with numbers 411 and some other markings. Its very heavy thick pottery and the glaze with gold lines almost looks like cloisonne. Any help is appreciated

Trying to add picture that didnt download. Will try again! I've tried rotating the picture of the bottom so the Luneville text is more readable (someone complained) and for whatever reason have not been able to. Sorry.
[/quote(someone complained)...I don,t complain..i just say it as i see it...and like the first time round...i,ll still be getting a sore neck trying to read whats on the bottom...and like the first time round..i guesstimated it at anything between £10 and upwards...and my stance has,nt changed....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

housegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:02:32 pm »

[/quote(someone complained)...I don,t complain..i just say it as i see it...and like the first time round...i,ll still be getting a sore neck trying to read whats on the bottom...and like the first time round..i guesstimated it at anything between £10 and upwards...and my stance has,nt changed....

thanks for your guestimate- you actually did not give that information in your previous post- Because the picture wouldnt rotate I stated the post what the writing said.. Sorry about any neck kinks.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:26:13 pm »
my post from..the last time.....reads..Thi s looks like Majolica...the KG ...is Keller & Guerin..lots of items on ebay..ranging from..$10 ...up to $$$...the only difference this time is its in ££..instead of $$
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:33:16 pm »
housegirl bigwull has identified the vase for you Keller & Guerin , in this market I would place a value of  $75.00.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »
I looked for your particular mark and did not find it listed among those from Luneville !! As far as value,, they have a wide range but Wendy`s estimate sounds about right !! Of course with the slow market,, it could be less as well !! If it were me I would use google images and see if you can find a similar style vase then match the mark !! Keep in mind it doesn`t have to be the exact same vase,, just similarly styled and painted !!  I didn`t find anything like it when I looked !!

Ipcress

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »
Looks more like Purmerend !

One identical sold at South Bay Antiques in 2010. Not sure what it went for but i'd estimate this at £60-90

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »
Have never heard of that one but this vase is marked K&G Luneville, France on bottom !!

gg27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:22 am »
I don't know if the OP is still responding to this post, but I would like to know the scale of the vase.  I still have a good market for good Art Nouveau ceramics, depending on where they are & the size, it could be worth considerably more than the values given previously.  Did I miss the size, I read back on the thread & couldn't find it anywhere?  GG

Ipcress

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »

Purmerend

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 06:06:20 pm »
Not familiar with this pottery but does look strikingly similar in style and scale !!  Now I know what the top one looks like,,, a bug,, bottom one,, a bird  But why would it be marked as Luneville ??