Author Topic: Royal china  (Read 1359 times)

mewink

• View Profile
Royal china
« on: December 13, 2004, 02:18:22 pm »
Hi,
 I have some dishes that I never use but they look like they are worth something. They are (6)Royal China 22 warranted carat with a mythlogical scene of what seems to be 3 scantliy clothed maidens trying to tempt a young man. Done by Angelica Kaufman. Also (6) of the same with a different mythogical scene 2 maidens feeding a child. Is there a webpage I can find more information on this. Thanks for your help.

ginni

• View Profile
    • http://www.ginni.com/collection
Royal china
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 09:35:26 am »
Hi,

Don't be fooled by the "signature" Angelica Kauffmann. You can find more information about the subject on my Fakes Page Part I. It isn't a child in the scenes it is Cupid, and the maidens are various characters from the Odyssey.  On this page you will find Kauffmann porcelain and links to examples of Kauffmann's original work. Once seeing photographs of her original art, you will hardly be able to look at the porcelain copies.  The difference is great.

The value will come from which factory produced the piece and the quality of the porcelain and motif.  Still though, they are not worth a great deal of money unless you lie and portend them to be somehting they are not, as often happens on eBay.  

I have been asked to provide photographs for an upcoming book on fakes of an Angelica Kauffmann piece.  If you are going to sell it I would like to know.  

Depending on which European factory made the piece, you may be able to find the mark on Ginni's Bohemian & Czechoslovakian China as well. Royal China are just words in a mark, not a factory. If you cannot find the mark on my web site you are welcome to send me a good close-up of the mark and piece. Contact information is on the web site.  gs
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 09:37:49 am by ginni »
gs
Bohemian Reference Site
New: www.CollectorsCircle.com
Old: www.ginni.com/collection

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Royal china
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 04:48:29 pm »
very good comment about e-bay, some are very aware of there fakes. others are not.I'am not a buyer or seller of e-bay. not with standing there are bargains to be had.