Author Topic: Need Help Identify Plastic Tray w/ Removeable Bottom (German)  (Read 891 times)

CarriageHouse

Need Help Identify Plastic Tray w/ Removeable Bottom (German)
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:38:44 pm »
Again, I'm stumped on this one...of course a round/circular tray, but purposes and specific name, I cannot figure out.

It too has come from the personal property of a Jewish/German woman who survived WWII.

I don't believe the tray is tremendously old...it is completely made of plastic.

It looks nice.

The ornate edging is plastic w/ silver painted on top of it, while the centre of the tray is clear, and underneath the centre portion of the tray on the bottom  side, you can peel it back and remove it completely to remove the paper doily which appears there now.

The removable plastic bottom has 'Gesetzlich Geschützt' ...which appears to relate to patent.

It could be a religious piece, but I don't know for sure.

Please check out the photos, any help identifying this piece would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Steve

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Identify Plastic Tray w/ Removeable Bottom (German)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:42:19 pm »
Remember seeing some of these in the late 90's.  For the hostess with the mostest!  To do exactly what this one did...change out the color whether it was paper or doilies!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:22 pm »
Exactly !!  To serve cookies or snacks at tea time !! I don`t remember them from the 90`s but could be !!  I remember the older ones !!

CarriageHouse

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:04:01 am »
Hey - Thanks for the words back on this piece, most appreciated.