Author Topic: Brunswick Tru Skil Pool Cue - Antique? Rare? Help please :)  (Read 2301 times)

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
Brunswick Tru Skil Pool Cue - Antique? Rare? Help please :)
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:29 am »
Hi there!  We have a few items in the shop that we need some help finding information on.  We have googled the heck out of these and have come up dry - sometimes I have no idea what to even search for so ANY help is appreciated!  We will list these in 4 seperate posts just to keep the responses organized.  Thank you ahead of time for the help!

Second we have an old Brunswick Tru-Skil pool cue.  It appears to be quite old - possibly 1940s or 1950s?  I have found NO information online at all other than an eBay listing that has no photos.  I've read that Brunswick cues can be very valuable so I am interested to find any information on this.  The other Brunswick cues i've found online have had stickers where as this one has the brand pressed into the wood.  Any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Brunswick Tru Skil Pool Cue - Antique? Rare? Help please :)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:10:35 am »
This is not yours is it ??

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
Hi Mart,

We bought this at an auction because the case looked really unique and old.  It is owned by our shop.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »
I mean the pics you posted !! Top case looks larger than the bottom case !!  Still checking on this cue stick !!  Tip end looks like it not true so it would be hard to use !!

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »
The pictures are all true - took them myself :)  the tip is very small but there were 2 other cues at the auction from the same lot with the same skinny style tip.  I've never seen a skinny tip like that before - Maybe it ws custom to the player?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:23 pm »
No !! Thats not what I meant !!  True would mean straight !! Put the stick together and find a perfectly level table or preferably a pool table,, lay the stick down and roll it slowly about midway of the back part !! You will have to get down to look so you are level with the stick!!  As you roll it you should see very little space underneath !!  It should touch the table along the length as you roll it !!  No air means a straight or true stick and should shoot correctly !!  Your pic of the end of the front piece looked like it was above the surface of whatever you had it laying on !!  Of  course the surface may have also been off !! But its good to know if allowances have to be made for any curvature in the stick !!  Its hard to find a perfect one but the closer the better !!