Author Topic: Old rocking chair  (Read 6026 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Old rocking chair
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 07:10:21 am »
ya gotta get your butt higher than your knees fore you can get your behind in the air.

Not in these chairs you wouldn`t !! LOL

Well then, if not, there sure is a lot of money being wasted on these items by every health care facility in the US, UK, etc., to wit:

http://www.beaucaremedical.co.uk/hoists--patient-handling/handling-belts

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 09:04:56 am »
LOL !!  Right !!

SLONG1958

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »
Hey guys just wondering if the chair would be worth fixing up. I've taken the chair apart and there is no evidence of it every having springs and it must have had 200 tacks holding the material on. Also the chair is out of alignment. I figured the chair would have been made a little bit better than what it is. All but one corner brace was just about to come off.

Thanks

There is a real heavy piece of canvas in place of springs.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 04:28:05 am »
My honest opinion....Bin it....OK its not eaten any of your corn....but its about to....the stuffing which in my opinion should not have been there is coir which is coconut fibre....any old rockers i,ve seen...apart from the biker kind...have had hard seats and high backs, longer rocker at the front...with this one being out of line, or squint as i would say, means you you will have to strip it down to the bare bones and start again...and you will need large clamps when you come to glue it all back together....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,