Author Topic: WWI Light Artillery Training Manual  (Read 1577 times)

Uselessprogress

• View Profile
WWI Light Artillery Training Manual
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »
I was recently given this manual by a family friend to try and sell. I found a similar one on ebay but with its military nature I didn't know how much condition affects the value. It appears to be a WWI Light artillery training manual with notes from the and comments throughout from the original owner.  I also found this Western Union day letter folded in between the pages.

The price on e-bay seemed a little low, and I don't want this interesting piece of history going for less than it deserves. I understand that this isn't typical, but if anyone has any insights or recommendations of what to do I'd be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

Album of Images: http://imgur.com/a/KnL5B

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: WWI Light Artillery Training Manual
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 02:37:33 pm »
Selling these  kind of Artefacts...is a bit of Hit or Miss,....just because its old and you think its valuable..does not mean a thing...it all depends on who is looking on the day...What it does have going for it..is the letter..that adds a whole lot to it, as it gives the manual a little provenance...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »
In case you did not know NYMA is New York Military Academy which is located in Cornwall on Hudson North of NYC.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »
The book is just drill regs. for the academy !!

Ipcress

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:58:58 am »
I was recently given this manual by a family friend to try and sell. I found a similar one on ebay but with its military nature I didn't know how much condition affects the value. It appears to be a WWI Light artillery training manual with notes from the and comments throughout from the original owner.  I also found this Western Union day letter folded in between the pages.

The price on e-bay seemed a little low, and I don't want this interesting piece of history going for less than it deserves. I understand that this isn't typical, but if anyone has any insights or recommendations of what to do I'd be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

Album of Images: http://imgur.com/a/KnL5B

The previous owner A H Schroeter with the bookplate (  b: 1852 in of Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio d: 26 Nov 1934 in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio ) has an entry in the Historical Register And Dictionary Of The United States Army.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=m1zEG4ySqlsC&pg=PA1900-IA5&lpg=PA1900-IA5&dq=anton+henry+schroeter&source=bl&ots=MxwJ7M3zJJ&sig=BcJGh99VOPAmjWawFkbPAlJheho&hl=en&sa=X&ei=K3gwUdz1H4jT0QWs74CYBQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=anton%20henry%20schroeter&f=false

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:01:50 am by Ipcress »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:10:50 am »
Now that,s what you call a really good bit of sleuthing....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,