Author Topic: how much would u pay for this (lamps )  (Read 4870 times)

Ipcress

Re: how much would u pay for this (lamps )
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 06:33:43 pm »
It was also a comic, smart arse. Published in The Sunday Post, and in Annual form ( the first being worth several thousand now ) and in comic form such as holiday specials.

Beano, Dandy, Oor Wullie - all comics.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 06:41:34 pm »
It was also a comic, smart arse. Published in The Sunday Post, and in Annual form ( the first being worth several thousand now ) and in comic form such as holiday specials.

Beano, Dandy, Oor Wullie - all comics.
oor Wullie was never a comic...like the Dandy Beano Beezer Topper,etc, it was only in the Sunday Post..but it was never published as a weekly comic...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Ipcress

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
comics don't have to be weekly. It was published in comic form.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:55 pm »
But it was never a comic in line with what you quoted i.e. Dandy Beano Oor Wullie, it was one page in the Sunday Post....I should know..as I come from the city in which it was published...and worked for a time at DC Thomsons...Kingsway East Factory..and in Blinshall Street...Dundee...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 06:55:37 pm »
The thing is,, the auctions where Artx is seem to be out of the scope of what we would consider cheap or even reasonable on some items !!  It all comes down to what something is worth in your area !!

artx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:29 am »
well there some items in this auction that if i  buy them at low esteem for sure i could earn some money.

:)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 05:13:06 am »
That,s what buying/selling is all about, artx...you can disregard..whats been said about not touching with barge poles etc...it would be different if you were buying to keep...but as you are only trying to learn and earn some money...then..as Mart says...if you think you can make some profit...go for it...and good luck....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 05:30:17 am »
Thats my point !! Only you know what an item would sell for in your area !!  What would be reasonable there might not be here !!  So if you can make money,, by all means,, go for it !!

Ipcress

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 05:48:49 am »
But it was never a comic in line with what you quoted i.e. Dandy Beano Oor Wullie, it was one page in the Sunday Post....I should know..as I come from the city in which it was published...and worked for a time at DC Thomsons...Kingsway East Factory..and in Blinshall Street...Dundee...

It's a comic. Always referred to when discussing comics. When you publish a comic strip in the Sundays, people always refer to them as comics. The fact Oor Wullie and Broons are better know for their annuals does not detract from the fact it was a comic.
On their official website, it states " The Broons and Oor Wullie, Scotland's favourite comic stars "

I worked for a book company / auctioneers which collaborated with DC Thomsons. Those special edition reprints of the Beano and Dandy first issues. Auctioned the original first issue of each at auction - went for a combined £12,000.  I helped catalogue this collection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Gifford#Collection_of_comics_and_other_popular_media

Ipcress

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 05:54:15 am »
well there some items in this auction that if i  buy them at low esteem for sure i could earn some money.

:)

Good, but my reference about barge poles was related to the statement they were late 19th century.
If you had said " i like these " or " i can buy for $100 and sell for $150 - should i " then that's a different matter.

Just like the other thread with the vases the estate agents claimed were 1800's. The vases didn't look it, and when asked how they knew, they couldn't give any information. People who aren't experienced making an ill informed appraisal. Or maybe just trying to rip someone off.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:01 am »

It's a comic. Always referred to when discussing comics. When you publish a comic strip in the Sundays, people always refer to them as comics. The fact Oor Wullie and Broons are better know for their annuals does not detract from the fact it was a comic.
On their official website, it states " The Broons and Oor Wullie, Scotland's favourite comic stars "

I worked for a book company / auctioneers which collaborated with DC Thomsons. Those special edition reprints of the Beano and Dandy first issues. Auctioned the original first issue of each at auction - went for a combined £12,000.  I helped catalogue this collection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Gifford#Collection_of_comics_and_other_popular_media
Oor Wullie was never issued in the same format as the Dandy/Beano...thats all i,m saying...