Author Topic: Typical prices here in UK  (Read 1431 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Typical prices here in UK
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:23:02 pm »
Here is an item that I was watching.on ebay...it was out of curiosity...the pieces are all repo,but as you can see they look good, just click on the main picture...in order to see everything...that sold for £99..or approx $150....a lot for the money...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mahogany-Wood-Dining-Room-Set-Display-Cupboard-Table-Chairs-Corner-Cabinet-/300881316372?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=at%252FduHklGcIXO8CiWYzVZkIea2Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

cmlindb

• View Profile
Re: Typical prices here in UK
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:44 pm »
Yea I would jump on that too.... It would be hard to pick up in person from here though.
Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:24:38 pm »
I notice it say "delivery varies." In the US the shipping would triple the cost. For pick up it would be worth it. I gave up eBay because of low prices and high shipping. 

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:37:04 am »
They've done well to get that much. Horrible things. Ridiculous to move and transport

How did companies go bust making crap like that and charging thousands for it ?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 07:12:42 am »
 I agree with what you,re saying ,but weather you like it or not...the fact is...for someone on a really tight budget..and looking to to furnish their living room,its a bargain...It may not be to everyone,s taste, but..i,d wager that there are thousands of households,in the UK that have similar things in their living rooms/dining rooms...Not everyone can afford "antique"..display cabinets, or top of the range dining tables...I see things like this every month at our local auction house, and 9 times out of 10...they go for much less...like last Sat, a similar dining table with 6 chairs and 2 carvers...for a fiver....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 07:59:06 am »
Not my thing, but I agree with Wullie that these things would fit an economic niche for many.

In fact, they seem like quite decent quality, especially compared to the horror of brand new "furniture."
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford