Author Topic: Furniture Maker Label: Help Identify (Duplicate Post)  (Read 1130 times)

susanU

• View Profile
Furniture Maker Label: Help Identify (Duplicate Post)
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:28:50 am »
Hi fellow collectors:

I'm hoping someone here may recognize a damaged furniture label from the 40s era (Perhaps 30s?). It's on the underside of a leather-topped cocktail table. The rectangular label appears to have a gold background, red border and red, and black lettering. The only letters I can make out:

1. "All" in the top left

2. "Osec" ? in the middle top

3. "INE" in the center of the label

4. "MA" in the left corner

"#1159" is written on the underside of the table top and also imprinted on the underside of the stretcher.

I performed numerous google image searches, checked images of Arts & Crafts and MCM furniture shopmarks, searched 1stdibs and I have been unable to find anything that remotely resembles this label. I thought it might be a Sieling Modern Furniture label because of the gold and red coloring, but it doesn't seem to match up.

As you can see from the attached pics, the table appears to be a 1940s art deco piece with drop leaf ends, bronze sabots and a combination of woods: oak and mahogany perhaps?

I like a good mystery, but this piece is befuddling me. Thanks so much for your help.

(Sorry for the double post)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:52:06 am by susanU »