Author Topic: Grandma's Estate  (Read 5193 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Grandma's Estate
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 01:37:46 pm »
Behave Wullie!!!

Would also like to see the deco calendar...more pics and any marks.

Brownie Camera worth $20 - $25 here in the South.

One of the green glass pics looks like it could be Vaseline Glass - put it under "black" light and see if it glows!

Agree with Wullie, looks like Delft items (blue white/Holland)

Yus Boss, isa behavin... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 02:20:12 pm »
You almost sounded southern!  LOL  You are a hoot....Avril has her hands full!!!!  I bet she can honestly say that life is never boring!!!!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 03:21:56 pm »
You almost sounded southern!  LOL  You are a hoot....Avril has her hands full!!!!  I bet she can honestly say that life is never boring!!!!  :)
You can say that again....this is me....earlier today....busy renovating...decide d to take out an old fireplace,..things were going well, until...i decided to have a look up the chimney....big mistake... ;D ;D

Ipcress

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »
Behave Wullie!!!

Would also like to see the deco calendar...more pics and any marks.

Brownie Camera worth $20 - $25 here in the South.

One of the green glass pics looks like it could be Vaseline Glass - put it under "black" light and see if it glows!

Agree with Wullie, looks like Delft items (blue white/Holland)

Fairly modern delft though and very common.

That calendar thing is weird but looks quite...cool !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »
Wullie...hope your mouth wasn't open when it all came falling down!!!!  Sorry you got an eye full!!   LOL  One of those days huh?

I have a friend that can trump that....Her hubby decided to clean out their fireplace and thought why not use the vacuum?  Well...He did a great job....the fireplace looked nice and neat....and then he turned around...and to his horror...their all white carpet/couches and wife were not longer white!!!!  He didn't put a bag in the vacuum and it had sprayed all into the family room!  They now have beautiful new carpet, new furniture and freshly painted walls/ceilings!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »
LOL !!  Yep !!  I believe that has Wullie beat KC !!  Bet his wife was not a happy camper !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 01:16:34 pm »
Whilst we are on the subject...of fireplaces,....a few years back, I sold a Hunter woodburning stove with back boiler to a friend of mine,..I delivered it to him, and we huffed and puffed it up two flights of stairs and into his recently converted attic,,,I installed it in the inglenook fireplace,fitted a length of enamel flue up the chimney,..it was only a temporary measure, until we could fit a flue liner,the back boiler was not operational at this time,...my friend was eager to get it fired up,I told him,as long as he did,nt go crazy with the heat,he could use it,..and i would come back the next week,and plumb in the boiler,and fit the flue liner,
A week later, I drove to his house,whilst on the way, I was passed by 2 Fire engines...that had all lights flashing,...when I got to the village he stayed in, the main street was cordonned off, by police barriers, and the fire brigade were dealing with a fire,...I made my way,to his house on foot...I went down a small alley, anf climbed the outside stair then arrived at his door, I entered,then climbed the internal stair to the attic......The chaos that I found...was and still is ..the funniest sights i have ever seen,

Graeme and 3 of his friends and Vincent,..a white Alsatian,,,were in the room,they were covered in a wet sooty sludge from head to toe,everything in the room was covered the dog was black,as was Graeme and his 3 friends,and his suite,carpets ..everything,they were sitting on a long sofa, like 4 Black and White minstrels, all i could see was their eyes and their pink mouths...the rest of them was covered in soot
What had happened was, they had all been toking on M.A.D,s...and had the woodburner well fired up, and were burning wood, old Doc Martin boots,...and anything else that would burn...the chimney had caught fire, and up it went...now chimney fires burn like Jet Engines...a lot of noise, and flames..shoot up the chimney...but as they were all stoned..they never heard it,...
When the fire brigade arrived, they just put up the hydraulic platform, and stuck the fire hose down the chimney...Well you can imagine what happened down in the room...when the water hit the soot..and the sludge hit the room with 4 stoned freaks and a white dog sitting there, enjoying themselves...even now as I write, i,m LOL,........

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 01:42:19 pm »
LMAO !!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 01:57:52 pm »
LMAO !!!
do i detect an arse in there ......LOL!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 02:53:41 pm »
I actually couldn't help but laugh at that one.....too bad you didn't have a camera!!!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »
I actually couldn't help but laugh at that one.....too bad you didn't have a camera!!!
More,s the Pity...I could,ve made a fortune on Youtube....