Author Topic: value of epiag dinnerware  (Read 2692 times)

colleen9740

• View Profile
value of epiag dinnerware
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:44:14 am »
i inherited 15 dinner plates with the epiag logo on the back.  through some research i discover they were made by spring & company between 1941-1945.  i have not found my pattern anywhere!  the pattern number is 10593 with an additional stamp of 22 on the underside.  they are green rimmed plates with a floral design. also gold around the rim.  i found a similiar plate in style but it had a cranberry rim.  any info or suggestion would help.  thanks

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:16:26 pm »
yes this is a "must see" site:

http://www.ginni.com/collection/mergers.html

probably the best on the web for what you're looking for -   Best wishes KB

Guest_colleen9740

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:28:26 am »
thanks for the suggestion but i already checked there and there was not a listing for my pattern. i even scrolled through all of the patterns.  i also contacted replacements.com and they have no listing under that number.  the search continues.  thanks for your reply.

kerrybee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 08:36:09 pm »
I struck out again too - there references to a Springer & Co on Ginni's web site with backstamps - kind of makes a person wonder - did WWII intervene? And stop production?  And is it Spring or SpringER?

There's another resource you might try:

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.firmitas.de/

Chris Simon Marshall is expert on German and related porcelain histories - and if in fact it is the Springer;  there was a factory in Elbogen Germany. e-mail him and see what he can come up with.  Of course that doesn't help you with values or additional pieces.  

Best wishes           KB   :)