Author Topic: Jefferson slide table Brickwege ????  (Read 1540 times)

ra5451

• View Profile
Jefferson slide table Brickwege ????
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:11:31 pm »
OK...I have an Aunt in Fla who just went into a nursing home and has a drop leaf table that I've never seen before. I'm looking to get an idea of what it's worth. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated...I ave some more pics also....

mart

• View Profile
Re: Jefferson slide table Brickwege ????
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 05:20:28 pm »
I had the game table that matched your dining table !!  Late 30`s and 40`s era Duncan Phyfe reproduction furniture is what its known as !! Made by many mfrs of that time !!  Not much value I am afraid !! Is your table the small one ??  Two pedestal legs and when both sides are down can be used as a console table ??

ra5451

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:31:56 pm »
Hi Mart....Thanks for the speedy reply...The dimensions are 5' long, 2' 4" with side leafs folded down and 491/2 with butterfly leaf down....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:32 pm »
Yours does drop down and go underneath the table ?? I am on dial up and pics don`t always come up at the same time !!  I can see the legs now !!  I think every furniture Mfr had some version of this table !!  The lyre base is less common than the urn/vase shape !! All pretty much had the same legs and feet and the brass plated paw covers on the ends !! It was a common furniture style back then !!  Approx value depends on where you are but in most areas would be between $150. and $200. if in excellent condition !!  But,,, there is little demand for this style because there was so much of it made !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »
Mart is right on target with her evaluation. Some of these were called extension tables as they could be stretched to three times their size. I have seem console tables from the same era that extended into dining tables that could seat up to eight people. Some of them had the leaves attached and stowed and just stretched. In the first half of the last century space was limited in many homes so folding furniture was very popular. These pieces sell well in NYC today where space is at a premium.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:37:52 am »
These, with the lyre, are picking up slightly in pricing over the past couple of years.  You used to be able to find them more often...but as time goes along...they are getting less and less AND the ones in good shape are getting harder to find.  I predict they will keep going up  in value over time.

I know I was looking for a lyre chair for over a year (that was in good shape and reasonable in pricing) and finally found ONE in Louisiana earlier this year.  Too bad you don't have the chairs to go with it as well.

In my neck of the woods, $250 - $350 in good shape.  In Florida, depending on the condition and where she is located, you may get this as well.  However, if in a smaller town and in so-so shape...$100 - $200.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:13:16 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:27:29 am »
In mid MO maybe $50-$100.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford