Author Topic: Heineken neon sign  (Read 3084 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Heineken neon sign
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:50:55 am »
Hi guys...Avril got this sign from her son Jamie...he,s the manager of a bar..and this was surplus to requirements...it was actually meant to go in the bin, as the brewers..won,t allow them to be sold...but Jamie asked the sales rep, if he could give it to us,with the assurance,that it will never be sold on the open market....and here it is,its got a black metal frame, and coloured tube lights,.the Heineken is green,and the star is red,.it measures 16in wide x 11in high....there was other one,s we could have had,but they were humongous....its funny how the red star has become orange when lit...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
Re: Heineken neon sign
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:15 pm »
That's kind of neat Wullie !!  And it an OK beer !!

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »
That's an awesome sign BigWull! Do you know how old this one is?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 03:38:33 am »
not that old Kevin....maybe 10 years......just did an ebay search...did,nt realise they were worth money.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HEINEKEN-BEER-3-D-LED-VTG-STAR-LOGO-Bar-Light-Pub-Sign-NO-MOTION-OR-NEON-/130933165998

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:03:53 pm »
Nice gift!

Interesting they won't let them be resold?!?!?!?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 06:10:42 pm »
Nice gift!

Interesting they won't let them be resold?!?!?!?
that kind of thing happens a lot over here KC...take for instance,Marks & Spencers....if a shopper returns an item of clothing, that, is ever so slightly flawed...and over a 3 month period they might have racks and racks of flawed clothing...some of which might just be a loose thread, or a missing button,....but they are useable...but what M&S do ..is they shred every piece of clothing....when what they should be doing is giving it to foreign aid....

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
Nice sign Wullie. They're hard to come by where I live. I assume they were given out by the distributers.
M&S could do a lot with those shirts. I could think of many things. I think it's bad business. I wouldn't want people (the public) knowing that kind of product was being destroyed. Don't you have Outlet Stores?
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
its not just shirts G,acre...its clothing of every description....last year M&S  in Britain destroyed more than...£500,000 worth of clothes...that had been returned, to their stores....they do this, in order to,keep their status as a shop that sells quality goods,....because..if they were seen to sell on these faulty goods,then they think that they,d lose customers....its their marketing strategy....the same goes for all the big supermarkets when it comes to food, that may have a damaged carton, or a dented tin or whatever,..the food is more often than not, still sealed, and in code....but, they dump it,....just last year,there was a programme on the TV..whereby, this top chef....to prove a point, visited 3 well known high class supermarkets in london,and raided their waste skips,...he filled 3 large vans with a vast variety, of food that the shops had dumped,..it was all perfectly useable,most of it was still sealed....and in code,...he then prepared all the food that he had collected, ...and invited 100 guests to his restuarant,...and asked them to each pay £100 to charity...he served them with a 5 course meal,...ranging from smoked salmon..to fillet steak...
after the meals were finished ..he told all his guest...that the food had come from a skip.....with the amount of food that is dumped over here....each year..we could feed a third world country.....but we don,t.....i,d better end..i feel a rant coming on.....

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »
Then rip off the label. That's hard.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 06:02:31 am »
Nice sign but be careful. They operate at 2000 volts or more and can knock you on your arse if not insulated and grounded properly. They should never be left on when you are sleeping or away due to potential fire hazard.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 06:17:11 am »
no chance of this one knocking me on my arse....its a 12v DC version.running at only 0.3amp....even if i jammed it between the cheeks of my arse...like Rauville,s big book...it still would,nt bite me.....

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 12:05:19 pm »
That would put me at ease. I have had a few old ones and was always leery of them No thermal protectors back then.