Author Topic: Questions regarding bathtub and chest  (Read 1042 times)

jackabrit

• View Profile
Questions regarding bathtub and chest
« on: February 14, 2005, 01:09:27 pm »
Hi,
I have a  travel trunk, large and I believe leather that is apparently from WWI. I am looking to get rid of it and I don't want to get ripped off. It's not in perfect condition but it is very large and very neat looking!  It's in my dining room right now and it's just too bulky. If anyone knows a range of what I should be asking, I would very much appreciate it.  

Along the same lines, my husband and I are remodeling our bathroom. We have a bathtub and original fixtures from probably around 1932. The tub has a pedestal base and may have claw feet under the pedestal.  We haven't tried to move it yet or anything because we are still using it. It's in beautiful condition and the faucets and drain are all original and in great shape.  My husband was tempted to cut the tub up to have an easier time removing it but my aunt said that would not be wise because it could be valuable.  Anyone out there have an idea?  One more thing, the drain isn't inside the tub.  It's located behind it and has a lift and turn mechanism and is labeled 'waste'.  I never saw a drain like that. That's also how you keep the water in.

Thanks in advace for any advice!!!

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Questions regarding bathtub and chest
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 04:46:36 pm »
well it's not so much as what it's worth' as what can I expect.? assumeing a local pick up or delivery. freight charges extra. $250.00 dollars. the trunk should be examined carefully for any Id of maker. otherwise $75.00 dollars.