Author Topic: Harper Beatrice No33 Stove  (Read 3566 times)

Clint

• View Profile
Harper Beatrice No33 Stove
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:10:45 am »
Hi all,

I believe that this is a Harper Beatrice No33 Stove. Does anyone have any information on it? I have searched around online however I keep finding information on other stoves with a different base.

Any information would be great.

Regards,

Clint

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Harper Beatrice No33 Stove
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:48:58 am »
The following is from the referenced site.

..."The Beatrice #33 range was introduced around 1928, early versions had rounded ends to burner the gallery and during the 1930's had the casting date underneath. The '1901' stamped all around #33 stoves until they ceased production in the early 1970's refers to the 1901 pattern of 'bridle' used to secure the burner without screws to the tank. This was originally patented in the 1890's and first used on the Beatrice #1 stove. I hope to get a small book printed in the future detailing these sturdy workhorse stoves which are often overlooked for the more glamorous brass stoves. The #33 stove in your collection has the square ends to the burner gallery introduced in 1934 and the decorative handles dropped for the plain style in 1945 so should be from between these dates. Beneath the tank should be a small casting boss in the centre of the tank, with 'Made in England' in raised lettering. Post 1945 there was a large casting boss in the centre of the tank."

http://www.milesstair.com/Mini_Kerosene_Heaters.html

Clint

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:35:08 am »
Thanks for the info!

It seems this one is post 1945!

Regards,

Clint

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:56:31 am »
now all we need is cogar to come in and tell us its something different.....y,know..like you can,t always believe what it says on the tin....or in his case...the "glass" ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,