Author Topic: ward's motor oil can jug 5 gallon  (Read 1550 times)

jm091787

• View Profile
ward's motor oil can jug 5 gallon
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »
hello
i got this motor oil can/jug its a 5 gallon i would like to know how much its worth . i put it on cl to sell it for 40$ all im geting is  low baller's  is it not worth 40?  best offer i got was  25$  , i looked all over the web and cant find one with a upside down label . should it be upside down?
can read's ward's 100% pure Pennsylvania motor oil  , little rust on it  wooden handle no hole's and i cant find any maker's mark
i would like to know how old it is and how much its worth i feel 25$ is a little low
thanks and have a nice day

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:11:06 pm by jm091787 »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: ward's motor oil can jug 5 gallon
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »
a reason why the lable is upside down, is probably a mistake when it was put on..perhaps whoever did it was pished at the time...as to value in this condition...take the $25....people who collect these want them in pristine condition,or at least in a condition that is,nt going to mess up their nice floor... ;)
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

jm091787

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:22:08 pm »
thanks for your reply , should it be worth more with the upside down label? i mean that has to be very very  rare  , i understand what your saying its not in the best of shape eather .   
 also it wont mess up a floor  if  u hang it up lol   just joking with u 
thanks again

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:46:21 pm »
thanks for your reply , should it be worth more with the upside down label? i mean that has to be very very  rare  , i understand what your saying its not in the best of shape eather .   
thanks again
well, if you hang it upside down...the label will be the right way up... ;D.label was most lilkely put on in error....

jm091787

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »
thanks again
well, if you hang it upside down...the label will be the right way up... ;D.label was most lilkely put on in error....
yea i agree with u ;D i look'ed for hours  and i found a few butt none with the upside down label, how old do u think it is ? way before my time lol

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:15:32 pm »
way before your time?...well that would depend on how old/young you are,...i would have thought that..as you,ve been asking $40..or best offer...that $25...is,nt too bad considering....its bashed ,dirty, rusty,...and if i saw it lying in a skip...it would still be there....and i,m sure,$25..is far easier to lug around..than that old can....when you move.... ;D