Author Topic: What is it? WWII french spirit lamp?  (Read 1851 times)

jerryk

• View Profile
What is it? WWII french spirit lamp?
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »
I hope i am not asking too much today if so , my sincere apologies . I found this a few months ago at a flea market . I had no idea what it was. But since the price was so low I purchased it . The only one i found stated it was a french spirit lamp, but a slightly different look and design . The only markings say JD paris. The only one i was ever to find was on ebay . No where else. I contacted a collector he could not say since he only deals with german made items. Thanks again everyone for your replies

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

jerryk

• View Profile
Re: What is it? WWII french spirit lamp?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 04:14:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply, yes i seen that one for awhile. It is in much better shape. What baffled me a little is i dont find too much info on this type.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:20:26 pm »
Was just about to post that same one !!  I think its location is in Bulgaria !! 

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »
Bulgaria, lol ;D ;D One of the few places we don't have a member here on the forum. :) And the forum covers a lot of territory!
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 09:52:45 pm »
FYI, so many people do not know these by their name and you can search by different names that people use....
such as:  handheld alcohol stove, alcohol hand warmer, military field stoves, etc.  To give you an idea of price range, etc.

Here is another example of one produced in France, little variation from yours:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-BREVETE-Small-Brass-Foot-Hand-Warmer-ww2-era-France-stone-coal-/140792860624?pt=Antiques_Decorative_Arts&hash=item20c7e88fd0

One referred to as a French field stove:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Antique-French-Brass-Camping-Stove-or-Burner-Possibly-Military-Issue-/200940478980?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2ec8fc6204
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jerryk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »
French field stove ,  Thanks KC! the listings really give me some insight. The right words are key for sure