Author Topic: Shipping with eBay Labels....  (Read 2185 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Shipping with eBay Labels....
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:25:29 pm »
I have a bunch of stuff I need to ship today and probably again tomorrow.  I would like to use my PayPal acct but I am wondering if I need an actual label or can I just print out on an 8-1/2 X 11 sheet of paper and tape to the box.  I don't see anything on eBay saying I cant but I certainly don't want to pay for postage twice  :)

Thanks for the help

"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Shipping with eBay Labels....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:33:42 pm »
Ahhh...  Found it in some small print (diff page)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/printing-labels.html

"You can print your shipping label and packing slip on 8.5" x 11" paper using most standard printers, and then tape the label to the envelope or box. "

"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:12 pm »
Oceans, I print mine directly from PayPal and include delivery confirmation.  If I do it on plain paper, I use rubber cement on the back of the label and on the box, let it dry, and then stick it on.  Pretty permanent that way but I am paranoid after working for USPS 31+ years and seeing boxes with labels missing so I also tape over the address and highlight delivery confirmation.  I do not tape over the barcode area.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »
The eBay link took me to my PayPal acct.  It's a nice feature to be able to deduct from there.  Rubber Cement is a great idea. If nothing else it'll help the label to stay flat when taping. Was a bit of an issue with my poor taping skills - lol.

The only part I didn't like was I couldn't put in the box dimensions like you can on the USPS site. I had to play with it a bit to get the same price quote.  When mailing large packages (this was 18 X 18 X 5H) I would definitely do a double check at the USPS site.

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:35:24 pm »
Yes, it is different than the USPS Shipping Assistant but much faster and easier.  Ones that are not through ebay I do through Shipping Assistant but don't include postage as I do not have my credit card on file with them. Those I take to the local post office.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »
I was still worried (even tho I got the prices to match) so I stood in line at the PO and had them verify I had enough postage and I did.  It is a handy little tool!  Hmmm  Crazy that the PO doesn't let you use your PP acct since it goes the other way around.