Author Topic: Crystal Wine Glasses from Turkey  (Read 1444 times)

capot1948

• View Profile
Crystal Wine Glasses from Turkey
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:22:04 pm »
We bought these early this year in Brenham, Tx. They're supposedly from Turkey, is there any way to really tell? I can't find any markings on them at all. The price was right though.

Chris

mart

• View Profile
Re: Crystal Wine Glasses from Turkey
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:56:10 pm »
Unless there is a particular style the country is known for,,you really can`t tell with any certainty !!  If I were to guess at these I would say made here, mid century,,possibly Libbey Glass !!  But that's just a guess !! 

capot1948

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »
Thanks Mart, I didn't think it would be easy to figure out. Even if they aren't made in Turkey and fairly recent I got a good deal, $20.00 for set of 6.

Chris

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:49:52 am »
Well, don`t take my word for it !!  See what others say !!  Glass is not my area other than its style progression through the years !!

capot1948

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 03:31:16 pm »
I don't know if anyone else will reply. Well, the trip to McGregor was a bust, found the store however it's closed on Monday, found another just down the street, and it was closed on Monday. So, we headed to the Antique Mall in Ross which is just outside of West. My wife found a couple of things, a large WM Rogers Extra Plate large fork and spoon and an Afghan. Went into West to the place we usually go, I got another silver plated Silent Butler and she got a set of salt and pepper shakers for our DIL. Then of course we had to head to the Czech Stop for our favorite goodies, Iced Raisin bread and Cherry Pecan bread. Oh well, on to Burnet Thursday to see what they have that's new.

Chris