Author Topic: Flat-top trunk  (Read 3218 times)

debodun

• View Profile
Flat-top trunk
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:51 am »
This standard size trunk has an insert that fits into the top part. It's been up in the attic for decades. A man is interested in buying it, but I wanted to get some feedback on what would be a reasonable price to ask for it so I can get back to him.

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Flat-top trunk
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:49:01 am »
If the leather handles are still intact, around here the price would be in the $35 - $50 range.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:34:05 am »
With Trunks, condition is everything. Over here (UK) you could sell a very smart, clean one for anything between £50 - £150, and the flat top ones do tend to be more desirable as they can be multi-functional. But you are in the States and it does look a little 'tired'. Maybe some others nearer NY could give you some idea on $

Ask of him what you would really like to get for it, then let him beat you down to what you'd be happy to accept.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »
Are the handles good and all working parts ??  Latches and lock ??  Do you have the key ??
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:36:54 pm by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »
With Trunks, condition is everything. Over here (UK) you could sell a very smart, clean one for anything between £50 - £150, and the flat top ones do tend to be more desirable as they can be multi-functional. But you are in the States and it does look a little 'tired'. Maybe some others nearer NY could give you some idea on $

Ask of him what you would really like to get for it, then let him beat you down to what you'd be happy to accept.
maybe doon south they do ..but up here...£50...if yer lucky.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 03:36:43 am »

And here I picked mine up off the side of the road. Luckily they put it out on the wrong collection day.  ;)

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:42 am »

And here I picked mine up off the side of the road. Luckily they put it out on the wrong collection day.  ;)

Did you post that find a while back, sapphire? I recall something like that!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 09:14:33 am »
I should be so lucky as to find one on the roadside !!!!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 07:17:11 pm »

Did you post that find a while back, sapphire? I recall something like that!

Yes mario........probab ly two years ago. It now hold my stash of materials ;)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 08:27:05 pm »
I should be so lucky as to find one on the roadside !!!!
..i,m partial to road kill that i find lying on the roadside....as long as the beastie has,nt been squished..then its fair game.....so far in the past week, i,ve had 5 cock pheasants in great condition....eating condition that is....and a 7lb hare....which has now been parted from its fur jacket..and is in my freezer along side 5 plucked pheasants.....mind you, have had to tell a little porky or two to Avril...as to where i got them....she now thinks i got them from a pal..who goes hunting.....cos if she ever found out that they were lying dead at the roadside,and i,d picked them up...she,d crap herself..... ;D
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 08:57:12 pm »
Well if I were you I would not tell her ,,,those little critters may not be the only road kill if she finds out !!  :D