Author Topic: Old Revolutionary War Veteran Cemetery Flag Marker  (Read 3129 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Old Revolutionary War Veteran Cemetery Flag Marker
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »
That's true!! Some people could careless about their famiIes. Sad, but true. Or, some people see others peoples belongings junk!  It may not be able to be trace mart,  but I would not feel right having someone marker to their gravestone.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14:35 am »
These were mostly additions to a gravestone !! Not many headstones had this service written on them !! Most just had name and dates,,these were added to let everyone know that these were revolutionary war veterans !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 02:04:15 pm »
Totally agree with Mart and others that it is a grave marker and it's origin.

Unfortunately more often, than not...these have been scavenged by fortune seekers over the years.

Case in point, my families' grave site in Florida had all the the iron pieces stolen from it several years back.  The family section even had a iron fence around it...the granite corner/foot stones are still there...but the iron work and fencing is gone! 

The sad part is that I considered replacing the fencing...but after a few years of aging...it would only be stolen again!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »
the same happens here...the price of scrap metal is at an all time high....and...these ...thieving parasites are even...stealing brass handles off doors,...comemorative bronze plaques...drain covers...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:25 pm »
:''''(
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!