Author Topic: Star Trek & Star Wars lot. How should I break up?  (Read 2294 times)

icedgold10

• View Profile
Star Trek & Star Wars lot. How should I break up?
« on: October 13, 2013, 03:24:08 pm »
I got this lot for a great price today.  Most are Playmates   90's.  I have the old and new Star Trek figures and Star wars.  I got a bunch of VHS Star Trek tapes.  The episodes are mine but the ones in the picture will go with the lot.  My son thinks I would make more selling them individually.  I was thinking Star Was separate or entire lot.  What does everyone else think to maximize $$$?  What would be good pricing or reserves?  I know grown men will pay to play with these.  haha  ( my brother had a huge collection of action figures that he played with as an adult).

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek & Star Wars lot. How should I break up?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »
Although selling the figures individually...woul d be time consuming....i think that would be your best option...however serious collectors..are looking for...un-played with figures that are still in their packaging...
as for putting a reserve on them....well, it would depend on how much of your corn they,ve already eaten....personally, i would,nt put a reserve on any of them...as to start price....99c ....to start....with a reduction on postage for multiple purchases...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 03:57:37 pm »
I would only put a reserve for the whole lot of them.  Good idea about discount for multiple purchases.  They are played wit but if a collector can't get them boxed they will take used sometimes. 

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 05:23:23 pm »
Can only see a couple of Star Wars and they appear to be the re-issues.

I'd reduce costs and sell the Star Trek as bulk, taking a group shot then with a couple of close ups of several figures. Plenty of buyers / watchers on Ebay for these things and the market will find the price.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:59:59 am »
Thats what I was thinking is do a big Star Trek lot with the tapes listed as a bonus.  Keeping a Mr. Spock one for myself though.  LOL   I put the Star Wars up last night as a small lot and that one is running.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:22 am »
Thats what I was thinking is do a big Star Trek lot with the tapes listed as a bonus.  Keeping a Mr. Spock one for myself though.  LOL   I put the Star Wars up last night as a small lot and that one is running.
then you can sit Mr Spock along side your Cher..dolly....cos she looks a bit Vulcanish... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:14 am »
LOL !!  You will never live that "Cher" post down !!  It will follow you forever !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 09:51:20 am »
and she better believe it.... ;D..and for those of you who have,nt seen the other plastic version...here she is....now the two of them have got plastic... ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARBIE-2007-CHER-HALF-BREED-BOB-MACKIE-DOLL-BLACK-LABEL-NRFB-/390677807032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af6363fb8

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »
Bigwull, as you should already know Mr. Spock can't go with Cher to the concert because Mr. Spock has already put his Katra in Cher thus she is not plastic at all she is actually a Vulcan inside.  Of course that is why she has Vulcan attributes.   ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 02:16:42 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What!!...have they been feeding you........ ;D....you are worth a Watching.... ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 12:25:14 pm »
 ;D

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »
Now your getting it!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D