Author Topic: Bohemian EPIAG DF coffee set, what year?  (Read 1223 times)

wincel

• View Profile
Bohemian EPIAG DF coffee set, what year?
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »
Hi. I have a coffee set from my grandmother, who died several years ago. It was bought sometime in 1900. Probably a wedding gift for her wedding to my grandfather or his previous marriage, so I assume it was bought in the 40-50th or 60-70th. But I'm not sure and would like to know.
I've done some research and found that it must be made after 1918 as it says Czechoslovakia on it. A more precise dating would be great though as would a price estimate.
It is all in very good condition, 6 cups, 6 plates, only 3 saucers though, coffee server, creamer, sugar put, cake/cookie platter.
If someone could help that would be great, thank you very much.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Bohemian EPIAG DF coffee set, what year?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:49:11 pm »
Don`t know how we missed this one !!  Bumping it up !! Will look tomorrow for you !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:46 pm »
There are so many patterns....actuall y too many made that it is like a needle in a haystack to find out.

Carlsbad is the city that the item was made in.  EPIAG means Erste Böhemische Porzellan Industrie AG - First Bohemian Porcelain Industry.

Items marked Czechoslovakia: Czechoslovakia became a country in 1918.  So, it is after that.
The name "EPIAG" was  changed from OEPIAG to EPIAG in 1920 to reflect the change in country.  You see this mark form 1920 to 1993.  (NOTE:  the country ceased to exist January 1993.)

Porcelain Marks & More is the most reliable site on information...and if Chris Marshall doesn't have the answer you are going to have to find that rare person that might be able to date your mark exactly!  :)
http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/related/bohemia/dallwitz-01/index.php
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:25 am »
As to value,, replacements.com might help although the prices they list are high even for retail value !!