Author Topic: Christmas has come early  (Read 5845 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Christmas has come early
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 10:35:15 am »
Ha !!  Might not get there in a hurry but sure could weave in and out of traffic !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »
Well, that,s us just home,picked the car up at 4pm..its now 8.30 and we,ve only covered 35 miles..not trouble free...well,no trouble with the car that is...more operator error ;D...new cars are complicated now..the salesman explained what all the buttons controlled,..how this worked etc...but..at the time i thought, i know better..Ha,...we got approx 10 miles and i stalled the car at traffic lights,...simple just turn the key and..nothing..it would,nt start,..yes, i was in neutral, but it still would,nt start,..by which time i had about 20 cars tooting my arse,i put the hazard lights on..sat looking at all these buttons,knobs switches,..thinking..what do i do,..no warning lights,..nothing,...now i had some very irate fellow drivers behind me,..then..there was a tap on my window..i opened it, and a friendly face said...dip the clutch then turn the key...Eureka...it started...i thanked him quickly, switched off the hazards, and waited for the lights to change...so tonight my bedtime read will not be..At the Gates of Rome...it will be the user manual, for this car,...as to its colour ..well, its called Rosso Red...but between you me and cyberspace..i,d have to say it was Plum....my idea of Rosso Red..is far removed from whoever named this colour...i post a pic tomorrow and let you judge for yourself.. ..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »
We have two fairly new Lincolns,, a Towncar and hubby liked it so,,,he went and bought the Lincoln Mark LT truck as well !!   Actually he got PO`d because he couldn`t get the service department when the fuel pump went out on our Mercury we had before !!  So he called Lincoln service and they came right out !!  What do I drive ??? A 2001 Jeep !! And I will drive it till it falls apart and I have to pick it up in a bushel basket !!  Why ??  Too many darn buttons and other things I will never use !! I like simple,,on,,off !! I am not blind and I can see when I am about to back into something so I don`t need that darn beeper to tell me !! It has heated seats we have never used !! Why ?? When you buy a new car the heater is supposed to work isn`t it ??  I just don`t get all these gadgets in cars !! Its just more to have trouble with and cost an arm and a leg to fix because normal people can`t work on them anymore !!  Have you looked under the hood lately ?? It has to back to the dealer !!  And now cars have computers !!  I hate a car that's smarter than I am !!  :D

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 04:54:34 pm »
We hear about the dangers of “distracted driving” continually...but just wait until you start using a new vehicle and try to figure it out! It’s like trying to learn to operate a computer at 60 mph.

Bigwull;
I wanted to ask: Are new American produced vehicles available over there? If so, are they popular with the local population?

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »
Although i know i,m going to enjoy this SUV.there are a few things that, i have found annoying..and i,ve only had it for 6 hours..the main one is the ever present 6in x 4in screen in the middle of the central console on the dashboard.it has everything on it...and although i can control most of whats there from the steering wheel...the one thing i can,t do..is switch the damn thing off, Avril,s happy that she can control the heating/cooling for her side,...but getting the hang of all the functions..is another matter,..there,s slots for SD memory cards + a usb port for a memory stick..then there,s bluetooth,..then climate control,....then the sat-nav,..cruise control,...i can switch to kms per hour ..or mph...the list seems endless...then when it comes to locking it..there,s 3 modes, 1 click,for front doors,2 for front/rear,3 for all inc back hatch...its all too much...then the straw that,ll break the camels back is...as Mart says..the onboard computer..telling me how many miles covered, fuel consumption, ave,miles per gal, Aargh!!...

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »
We hear about the dangers of “distracted driving” continually...but just wait until you start using a new vehicle and try to figure it out! It’s like trying to learn to operate a computer at 60 mph.

Bigwull;
I wanted to ask: Are new American produced vehicles available over there? If so, are they popular with the local population?
We can get the latest American produced vehicles over here....but...its the pampered few who buy them..as..more often than not..they are gas gobblers,..and with us paying over $10+ a gal..nobody in their right mind wants them...plus the spares backup is limited..the only one thats reasonably popular is the Lexus...but that,s Japanese..

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »
My husband and I really like your car. He loves cars and so does my son. I will have to show him this. My son just bought a Ford 150 Limited. Running bars go up and down, and all the bells and whistles. He loves that truck! He only has it about 3 weeks.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 07:23:30 pm »
Thankyou,G,acre...tomorrow...well later today.i will try to remember the sequence in which i have to start it..."old dog new car syndrome"-=

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »
wullie I LOVE the look of that new ride.........but I know one peek at the dash would have me running for the garret in tears.  I need plain, simple off/on, forward/reverse. I do need my power windows though, rather the dog needs his power windows......and a tailgate that opens when you pull the handle (ongoing issue, can you tell?). Oh, and LOTS of cargo space!

Now mart, I'm sure you love that Jeep (minus the bells and whistles). Who doesn't love those ass warmer seats?? Couldn't be without them on our frigid mornings.  In two months time my old girl will be 17 and she only just turned over 216,000 kms (134,000 miles) two days ago.  When she finally bites the dust I don't know what I'll do........sure wouldn't be able to drive something like wullie's new baby. Guess I'll have to get a horse and buggy ;)

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:03 am »
Mart I'm with you I drive a 96 crown vic 4d sedan it is a used State Trooper cruiser I purchased from the State Police here in Massachusetts. It is my second one I have bought from them They last me a good 5 to 6 years. They run great, are a little to fast for me  ;D  and we always need to repair the metal wheel well above all four tires on the sides because they rust there from all the rubbing of the hand cuffs when the bad boys lean on the cars. I love it $800.00 bucks and no car payment!!  :D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 08:13:51 am »
Hi guys, a couple of pics, of my "Red" car....more plum coloured to me...and a pic of the power plant...does,nt look much but its a 2lt TDi...and it gives good MPG....on average 52 miles to the gal....driving at 56 mph....and 48 at 65....we can live with this....