Author Topic: Request for an ID On Framed Faux Scrimshaw  (Read 5528 times)

MarySmith

• View Profile
Re: Request for an ID On Framed Faux Scrimshaw
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 03:57:55 pm »
Trade mark info: http://www.trademarkia.com/artini-72277974.html
Company info: http://www.nycompaniesindex.com/artini-arts-inc-2y5k/

I've seen the following on several bidding sites. Not sure how accurate the info is, nor who it came from. I would take it with a grain of salt.

"Artini Arts Incorporated was an art company that manufactured pieces of art. The company was created on August 10, 1967 in Bronx, New York. They have a few pieces of engraving art that were produced from the 1950s to 1970s. Nowadays, these pieces can sell for around $500 each. In the art market, these pieces are steadily rising in price. The material is compared to carrera marble and ivory and was invented through scientific and artistic research by Artini Arts, based in Bronx NY. The Artini factory was in business in the 1960's, 1970's and was an obscure art form even then. They ceased to be in business as of Feb. 2013 and will become harder to find."

Dogman, $500? Not if the people on ebay get to dictate the prices of anything. Too bad. These beautiful pieces can't get buyers at $20 from what I see. I will hang mine on the wall
I saw one on Ruby lane and she posted "Created by the engraving research studios of Artini Arts Inc.France (1950 -1970)." The Made in the Bronx NY sticker must have fallen off  ;D

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 04:05:33 pm »
Mary,

As they say, "The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it."

Enjoy your piece!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 04:51:49 pm »
That's Masonite its mounted on so that time period would fit !!