Author Topic: Question on Picaninny Freeze sign?  (Read 6619 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Question on Picaninny Freeze sign?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 02:28:49 pm »
I wait till the last few minutes so I can see if anyone is even interested other than me,, !!  Sometimes when several are bidding,, other see it and think it must be a good one !! They may not even look at it normally but if a lot of others are,,they will jump in !! Last few minutes I put in my maximum bid and ebay does the rest !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 09:10:10 pm »
Just curious but have you ever seen the sign in person with the blue background ?? I have looked at several that appeared blue on the pic but the original is a darker blue green !!  Could be the pic only that looks blue !!  I saw non that were truly blue background !!

ThinkTank2000

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 01:03:15 am »
I have not seen another Picaninny Freeze sign with a blue background in person, the one I have has the green background like all the other ones on ebay. I also can't find another one searching the web which has the Pal/Bucket of Picaninny Freeze.. Very intriguing to me. I can't even find a picture or ad of the pal/bucket on anything via the web. I've been searching old new paper archives but no luck yet. Seller is super responsive to my questions so that's good.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:01 am »
Did he say what kind of board it was done on ??   I found tin and cardboard as the originals !!

ThinkTank2000

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:09 am »
He's saying he's "not completely certain but appears to be cardboard - the edges are very delicate"