Author Topic: my useage of certain words...  (Read 10780 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: my useage of certain words...
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:15 pm »
That funny I just saw "Duck Dynasty" and they had a boudain truck. I looked up a recipe to see what was in it. Not something I'll be making soon.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »
It has pork roast, chicken liver, rice, hot pepper and green onion along with the Cajun spices !!  I make it occasionally !! It is usually breaded with cornmeal/cayenne combination and fried til brown !! Really is good !! You can`t taste the chicken liver !! Just really tastes like a pork cutlet with a kick !!

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 07:39:22 pm »
YUCK!  :o  I'm a vegetarian, it doesn't sound like food to me.  ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:47 pm »
if you,re a vegan ..veggie....then i can understand that.....but if yer not.....then ....i,m afeerd.....yer something else..... ;D..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 09:03:58 pm »
never had that kind of boudain....did have some of these.....which were jist like....spicy pork sassages.....

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »
Mart, I give you credit. I never cased a sausage in my life. My husband isn't crazy about meat either icegold. I used to think I was a bad cook, but he never liked it.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 10:05:51 pm »
That sausage is wonderful in "Dirty Rice"!!!  If you want to hear a decent Cajun accent just search for New Orleans Cajun Justin Wilson recipes on you-tube. 

Mart, Bet they haven't had a Cajun TurDuckin  Or a Cherpumple Pie cake!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:25 pm »
Seeing as how my late father came from the Ukraine,i was brought up with food that he had in his homeland,..everything was home made,..he made pirogies,...borscht,...jellied pigs head,..black rye bread,cabbage soup,...chicken noodle soup, at the start of every year,he and some friends would buy a couple of piglets, ....feed them up for a year, then butcher them...smoke and cure the meat, then make cured pork rings, we,d have cured spek.......not to be confused with ..the urban dictionaries....Mex ican Midgit....ya see i,m learning.... ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »
I learned how to make Russian Pelmeni after coming to love it on our many trips.  Drove me crazy they would boil the stuffed dumpling in chicken broth with carrot/celery/potato THEN POUR OUT/THROW AWAY all but the dumpling and serve it with some butter.  When I would ask them why, each person would say that they (carrot/celery/potato/broth) weren't good for you (bad bulk, bad due to radiation, etc.)  We would just crack up...you could boil the essence out of it but throw the rest away and it's ok?!?!  So, I make a Pelmeni soup (keeping it all) that everyone goes nuts over that I serve it to!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:13 pm »
I can understand their fears,when i was in Zhovantsi...in Ukraine,where my Aunt & Uncle stay..this area.was hit hard by the Chernobyl fallout,....and all over the region there are big mounds of contaminated soil,...after the reactor went bang, the government sent leaflets to the population telling them..to scrape 5cm of soil from the ground as this would get rid of the contaminated soil....but what they did,nt tell them was...where to put all this contaminated soil...hence the big mounds of earth,, that get washed everytime it rains and all that contamination gets washed back into the ground...subsequent ly, everything they eat has to be double cooked,....

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 10:52:55 am »
Boudain is hardly ever cased by home cooks !! Its usually made into balls or patties and rolled in southern star fish fry mix and fried !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 11:53:32 am »
Mart I haven't found Southern Star in a long time!!!!  They don't carry it around here anymore.  Forgot about it.  Need to look next time I am near your neck of the woods or Louisiana or is it only available by order now?

Wullie, I totally understand the concern.  Got hold of a geiger counter on 2nd long trip to Siberia (Unable to leave for 6 weeks due to Russian Constitutional Crisis/Bombing Oct '93) and everything had readings!!!  Water was flowing north From Kazakhstan (water was radioactive); wooden floors and rock/plaster walls had readings that our military would put on protective wear.  But...to think you could only use the good out of carrots/potatoes/celery/onions and throw away the bad???!!!!  Survival instincts I am sure.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:55:44 am by KC »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 02:34:01 pm »
Last few times we were there couldn`t find it anymore,,never had it here !!  Not sure what happened !! Now I just make a repro !! Might have to check and see if it can be ordered !!