Poll

No idea what this hourglass is worth

origin
0 (0%)
appraisal
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Old Hour Glass  (Read 5119 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Old Hour Glass
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 03:45:39 am »
but the only problem with Grand Ma,s was..by the time you got the stories..of their life, they had forgotten most of it, and what you ended up with was,a miss mash...of what they could remember.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03:54 am »
Are you near a museum that can help you with the research?  You would be surprised how helpful they can be for rare/oddity items.  I think, like Mart, that this is a great route to take.

I would if it was mine!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »

goombah372002, ..... here ya go, ..... on the following site there is a ....

National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Message Board

http://mb.nawcc.org/

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:34 pm »
If the NAWCC doesn`t know,,no one will !! Its an excellent site !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 10:37:28 pm »
You don,t need to go that far...if Rauville does,nt know..then...nobody knows.... ;D

goombah372002

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 01:44:36 am »
Interesting update...My mother had a few moments of somewhat clearer thinking this morning...I told her about this forum and she remembered that this hourglass didn't belong just to my grandmother, but to my GREAT grandmother, who lived in Palestine, TX...She had passed before I was born...Not that that added info would help with a possible location, who knows where it could have come from. But it could very well date it further back...Thank you for the link cogar. I just signed onto it...I'm worried with never finding out, now... I won't sell it for nothing without finding it's possible origin..Everyone who has asked questions and made comments are moderators and hero members....Good questions and info helped me describe it better and look up other sites. And yet there's still one post that has kind of stuck in my head....Bigwull, how did you know that was where 'that man' kept his big book???
Could someone explain Karma on this site, to a humbled 'newbie' please???

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 04:09:23 pm »
LOL !!  Rauville can find the most obscure and difficult items that are posted here !!  Karma is a way to say thank you or to let someone know they have helped and done a good job,,applaud is one karma point,,smite is just the opposite !!
Forgot to say,, Palestine is SW of Tyler, TX I think !!  Never been there but go to Tyler often for medical apts !!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:16:19 pm by mart »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »
Interesting update...My mother had a few moments of somewhat clearer thinking this morning...I told her about this forum and she remembered that this hourglass didn't belong just to my grandmother, but to my GREAT grandmother, who lived in Palestine, TX...She had passed before I was born...Not that that added info would help with a possible location, who knows where it could have come from. But it could very well date it further back...Thank you for the link cogar. I just signed onto it...I'm worried with never finding out, now... I won't sell it for nothing without finding it's possible origin..Everyone who has asked questions and made comments are moderators and hero members....Good questions and info helped me describe it better and look up other sites. And yet there's still one post that has kind of stuck in my head....Bigwull, how did you know that was where 'that man' kept his big book???
Could someone explain Karma on this site, to a humbled 'newbie' please???
;D... how did I know that was where 'that man' kept his big book....."cos it was me that put it there"...a good while back..... ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »
LOL !!  In a very inaccessible part of his anatomy !!