Author Topic: Need help with Stiffel lamps please  (Read 7393 times)

Pale Rider

• View Profile
Re: Need help with Stiffel lamps please
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:34 pm »
I have read through many different sites for both Parzinger and Stiffel I found no documentation that he ever designed for Stiffel !! Although many of their lamps do say "attributed to" !! Your lamps look like typical late 70`s or 80`s style and not like the mid century lamps attributed to Parzinger !! Go to palumbo.com and send them an email or the Stiffel website !!

I have not heard yet from palumbo, but I did try www.dewell-dewell.com. The woman that replied to me inquiry was very friendly and sent me pictures and answered all of my questions.

1. What price guides are the best for looking up the value of a Stiffel lamp please?

I don’t know of any price guides for Stiffel lamps.  Please let me know if you find any.

2. In what year range were these lamps made please?

1990’s.  The picture that I have attached is from the 1997 catalogue, but I do not know when this design was first offered.

3. What materials were used to make the lamp please?

Zinc casting, brass plated and lacquered.  Standard Leviton socket.  Generic harp.  Stiffel cast finial.

4. What is it designed by Tommi Parzinger please?
Probably not.  This lamp is not a modern design, and does not reflect his style.  Also, Mr. Parzinger died in 1981.

5. What was the model name of this lamp please?

6245-QH Rosa, Bright old brass, Ivory space- and pinched pleated shade

6. Are those lampshades the original ones that came with the lamp?

Yes, this is the QH shade option.  Is it stamped “Stiffel” on the top?  Some shades were, others weren’t.

7. What is the estimated value of each lamp?

Suggested retail in the Stiffel 1998 price list is $400.00 each.  Today’s value might be slightly less than half of that.  If I were selling them, assuming that they are in very good condition, I would probably ask $350 for the pair.  It’s a nice design,

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:21:11 pm by Pale Rider »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:13 pm »
Excellent !! Where did you find that website ?? I have never seen it !!

Pale Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 02:25:23 pm »
Excellent !! Where did you find that website ?? I have never seen it !!

Countless surfing the net...persistence.. .and lots of coffee before and during work   8)..They apparently bought 300 of the Stiffel lamps from the company...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:29:43 pm by Pale Rider »

Pale Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 02:28:55 pm »
If it were me,,I would do lamps only if selling online !! Then take an additional pic with the shades on to show how they would look !! You could however list the shades separately as a Buy it Now and state that in the description in case someone did want the shades too !!  I have found that most of the time people want to pick out their own shades to go with their décor !!

I am planning to sell them at a local auction house.....Should I sell the lamps and shades separately  or sell the lamps and shades together?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 02:48:16 pm »
If selling local,,by all means sell the shades with the lamps !! I was talking about online selling earlier !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »
Look up the E number on the UL sticker online. It might give you the date. Those are typical Stiffel lamps that could have been made at anytime. It is a form of the Hose Nozzle design style that was their beginning style that was originally made from a fire hose nozzle. You can see the shape in there. Looking at the label and the hard pinch pleated shades I would say they are from the 70s or 80s. Check Ebay and Etsy I am sure you can find comparable. It is good you have the shades. They are around 50 bucks each