Author Topic: Bronze Winged Maiden lamp - JB  (Read 1390 times)

MrMahoot

• View Profile
Bronze Winged Maiden lamp - JB
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:02 pm »
I have acquired a bronze winged maiden lamp and would like to know a bit about its origins. I guess it is either late Victorian or early Edwardian. It is signed JB but I cannot find a match for he signature. The nearest I can find is the Jennings Brothers but it does not match up to the picture of the signature s I have found so far. The lamp is cast in bronze, it is approx 2ft heigh, there are no other marks indicating the country to origin or its age. The maiden is riding an eagle. There is a crown that I guess used to sit on top of the glass lamp, the glass lamp is missing. I would also love to know what the glass looked like so that I can find a replacement.

Dewain

• View Profile
Re: Bronze Winged Maiden lamp - JB
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:56:02 pm »
I do believe it's the work of the Jennings Bro's. the J is just double stamped, not and uncommon error.

gg27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »
Looks to me like it's "japanned" as opposed to bronze.  This is a type of finish put on spelter.    Usually these had a flame type of shade.  I think it's Jennings Bros as well.  They made popular items such as figures, clocks, jewel boxes etc. GG

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 11:35:27 pm »
It looks like the style of Jennings Brothers to me as well...but wasn't their JB mark typically raised Dewain?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Dewain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:53:54 am »
The stamping, changed over the year's.