Author Topic: Help with Pottery Vase Info  (Read 1680 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Help with Pottery Vase Info
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »
I purchased this pottery vase early last year for a couple of dollars at the TS because I liked the style and the way it looked and the price was right.

The vase is a brown, copper or rust and green color and measures about 8 1/2 inches in height and about 5 inches in width at it's widest point.

The areas of the non-glazed looking brown rust areas seem to flake off a bit when handled. It is signed on the lower base above the rim with what looks like the letters "TT" or "N". This style or technique used on the vase and the TT mark look familiar to me but I can't place or find this mark doing searches.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know the Pottery Mark or artist mark that is on this vase or anything else about it?

Thanks!
Kevin

mart

• View Profile
Re: Help with Pottery Vase Info
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:39:16 pm »
Can you take a single pic of the mark instead of all together !! I can`t get these to enlarge and after waiting ten minutes,,only when I go back to the forum does it finally show up which is too late to look after clicking the "back" button !!  Had the same problem with your other ones done this way,,grouped together instead of individual pics !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:12:15 pm »
Sorry mart, it's just easier for me to resize all the images at once (make them smaller/lighter) then convert the 1 image from png to jpg. Again, I do this because I am a very slow dial up network. Here's the single image below.

Thanks,
Kevin

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
I know !! I am on dial up too,, that's why the pics don`t work for me !! Sorry !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:31 pm »
http://www.cajunc.com/pottery-marks

You find quite a bit of pottery,,you might want to put this site on your desktop for reference !!  American potteries and a few Canadian ones !! This is an excellent site with marks and info !! Some good links too !! See what you think !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »
Thanks mart, I've been to that site before and just looked again via your link. It's a good site but the link has too many images and I'm unable to load most of the images but I checked names where I thought a match could be.

Thanks,
Kevin

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
I did too but didn`t find it !! Is the mark raised on the bottom ?? If so that would indicate it was made in the mold rather than added (incised) later !!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »
Mart, the mark is incised.