Author Topic: Silver plate? Value? Any info?  (Read 5827 times)

cmlindb

• View Profile
Re: Silver plate? Value? Any info?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 06:29:32 pm »
Does the fact that BS&G distributed it make it worth more? It just feels like nice quality compared to normal.
Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 08:19:04 pm »
For silver plate,, $50. to $65. would be what I would expect if in excellent condition !! Some don`t even bring that much but sometimes speciality pieces do well !!  And by that I mean the less common serving pieces !!

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 08:31:34 pm »
For silver plate,, $50. to $65. would be what I would expect if in excellent condition !! Some don`t even bring that much but sometimes speciality pieces do well !!  And by that I mean the less common serving pieces !!

Yeah, I am not so versed in silverplate but was wondering because of the BS&G stamp if it was special in any way. That and it's is heavier and feels really nice when holding it compared to other silver plate I thought I would check with you guys first.
Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:37 pm »
No,, they were just the retailers !!Only thing that helps is that it is probably a higher quality material !! But its still a plated item !!  They just had some pieces made and put their name on them !! Same as Sears does today !! Sears doesn`t make all the things that have the Sears name !! 

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 08:46:01 pm »
Okay... learning is just as good as finding something valuable (without the money though  ;) )

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 12:22:51 am »
The fact that BS&G sold it helps maintain a value.

I failed to realize the width of the piece that you posted earlier...it is not butter or cheese.  What is the depth of the bottom tray and the lid (separately please).

You may have a silver plated rectangular covered vegetable serving piece.  This is what is known a silverplate holloware
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:31:05 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 06:45:05 am »
The bottom pieces is 2" deep and the top is 1 3/4"