Author Topic: Chifferobe  (Read 823 times)

ShugShugsAttic

• View Profile
Chifferobe
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:21:49 pm »
My aunt gave this piece to me.  I am always interested in finding out more information about any piece I aquire.  The history intrigues me.   :)
I photographed the only markings I was able to find.  Yes, the doors are missing... Not sure what happened to them.  ???  My aunt said she had the doors, but they must have been misplaced during her move to a new house. She only found one, and it doesn't even fit, so it must be for something else.

These markings are underneath the drawers.  They drawers are numbered by the marking all the way to the right.

This is on the back:

Thanks in advance!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Chifferobe
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:00:53 pm »
The numbers are of use only to the company that made the piece !! They may tell the finish, number of drawers and what the furniture line was called by the company !! It does not help in determining the mfr that made it !!  Each company had its own numbering system !!  Its possible since the numbers are slightly different that the 35 could be the year made !! Your wardrobe or chiffarobe is typical of furniture made in the 1930`s !! They make nice extra storage and are usually well made !! Hope you find the doors !!